Show your custom Lightsabers!

Hey all, glad to find this post! I first started making lightsabers over 15 years ago, and recently returned to it.

Here are the two that I made most recently.

One was made on a manual lathe and the other I designed in Fusion 360 and ran on a CNC lathe.

They are simple, but I’m hoping to find inspiration here to add more intricate details to future projects.

Attachments

• F2972E4B-12A3-4888-896E-87D5410AD417.jpeg
    F2972E4B-12A3-4888-896E-87D5410AD417.jpeg
    358.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 47AA812E-77AC-4886-ADA4-C6C0D748C82A.jpeg
    47AA812E-77AC-4886-ADA4-C6C0D748C82A.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 73C25AF7-F4BA-455D-AAF3-809BB46079DD.jpeg
    73C25AF7-F4BA-455D-AAF3-809BB46079DD.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 289
Those are great mashups, and also stand well on their own. Do you have plans to make them?
Possibly. I was considering getting a 3D printed this year—if I do end up getting one, I’d love to make these. I might have to do some clean-up work—these aren’t modeled for printing yet, just for show

@xl97 cool stuff!

I recall trying to emulate your clamp box design once after stumbling on your site, but my brain couldn't quite process it...

Thanks!

Those are so old.... they make real PCB's for switch/control boxes now.. (no more need to 'roll your own') LOL..

Basically just a PCB with some pads for the switches.

I used some SMD momentary switches with some (female) threaded ends.. so I could screw in my switch 'covers' (buttons) from the outside of the box.

Sure we could a do a much better job today... :)

Thanks!

Those are so old.... they make real PCB's for switch/control boxes now.. (no more need to 'roll your own') LOL..

Basically just a PCB with some pads for the switches.

I used some SMD momentary switches with some (female) threaded ends.. so I could screw in my switch 'covers' (buttons) from the outside of the box.

Sure we could a do a much better job today... :)
There are options yes TCSS makes a switch board and box... but most are designed to mimic the Luke Hero box. What I like about your design is that it is unique and different.

same reason I liked the OR low profile one.

i may have to mimic this for some custom work. This is really cool.

If you want some PCB's made.. I can make (design) some for you...

It will be roughly $10-$15 USD for them to made... (then shipping costs form China)...

The control box used there is just an OLD MHS control box as well..

Let me know...

I have TONS of other projects in the works.. but these shouldnt take long to design at all.

It's been a while since I've posted, so this post will be a bit on the long side. Here are the 3 most recent customs I put together:
New_Customs01.jpg

The first one was made from spare parts including a Graflex 2-cell end, a Roman clamp and 3-cell end, and various found and/or custom made parts. This one also has a simple crystal chamber made from hard drive parts, a small flashlight and a crystal from Michaels:
Chamber_Saber_01.jpg

Chamber_Saber_02.jpg

Chamber_Saber_03.jpg

Chamber_Saber_04.jpg

Chamber_Saber_05.jpg

Chamber_Saber_06.jpg

Chamber_Saber_07.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back