Show your custom Lightsabers!

Wow, just wow. Some real art in here. I want in.....but im in the UK so limited on what and where i can buy

Try eBay. If you like the camera flash-based sabers, you can find that stuff all over. Heck, some of the parts I've used have come from the UK.

Anyhow, got another one. I had an old Larbel Graflex bottom with Blast-Tech grips that had been sitting around for about 15 years. I jammed it into a Canon X and this happened.

IMG_20191025_231119076.jpg

IMG_20191025_231146852.jpg

IMG_20191025_231241122.jpg

IMG_20191025_231315127.jpg

IMG_20191025_231336081.jpg

IMG_20191025_231358266.jpg

The design came out very "Holiday Special," but better looking IMO. (Not that I would think otherwise. ;) )

Parts list:

Larbel Graflex 3-cell bottom
Blast-Tech rubber grips
Canon Y battery compartment cover
TCSS Kobold clip & d-ring, cut down
Strip of mylar tape
Light meter bubbles, cut to fit clamp
Textured fishing lure tape
Canon Model X upper
Canon Model X solenoid knob
Flanges off a champagne stopper
Bell & Howell 1" Comat lens

(The light meter bubbles in the clamp are an Idea I stole from SethS )

Has anyone here made something similar to the Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (#1) lightsaber that Obi-Wan is using on the cover?

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.19.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.24.14 PM.png

I've loved the look of that saber since I saw it as a kid. Just curious if anyone has made one similar?

SB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.19.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 7.19.36 PM.png
    148.1 KB · Views: 161

Those are some really cool internals. Nicer than a lot I've seen!

Has anyone here made something similar to the Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (#1) lightsaber that Obi-Wan is using on the cover?

View attachment 1077447

View attachment 1077449

I've loved the look of that saber since I saw it as a kid. Just curious if anyone has made one similar?

SB

Somebody did a run of machined replicas probably 10 or 15 years ago. I don't remember who, might have been Rylo, but I think it was somebody who isn't around any more. Don't quote me on that though.

Hey @Steven Bills ! If you can't find a "Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (#1) lightsaber ", you could always emulate one with TCSS parts...

LIGHTSABER - TCSS PARTS - for StevenBills by Ridire Firean - 02.png

You'll need to pick up TCSS's MHSv1 Sleeve Material to carve your own overlay atop the V-Ribbed Sections, and you might try their Pommel Style 4 too, it's just not in the builder.

Or SaberForge parts...

LIGHTSABER - SABERFORGE PARTS - for StevenBills by Ridire Firean - 01.jpg

That, or get a lathe and start machining out your own lightsabers. <--- I'd love to do that myself.

Or, learn Fusion360, which isn't too terribly difficult, and 3D print whatever your heart's desire!

Good Luck whichever way you choose!

Bump from the dead!

Here's one I've been sitting on for a while. Only just got around to photographing it.
This guy was a bit of a pain to design; the top half came together quickly, but everything south of the clamp went through a ton of revisions. I'm very happy with how it came out, but it was not an easy build. Results were worth it, though. I really enjoy all the different metal textures on this one – normally you need some black or a contrasting color to help things pop, but here it works. It's all raw aluminum, stainless, chrome, nickel, and lord knows what else.

View attachment 1075971

View attachment 1075972

View attachment 1075973

View attachment 1075974

View attachment 1075975

View attachment 1075976

View attachment 1075977

View attachment 1075978

View attachment 1075979

Parts list:

Champagne stopper
Hard drive motor spindle
Weird greeble Seth made
Coaxial cable connector
Gear shift end
Heiland Strobonar handle, cut short and flipped over
Romans Graflex clamp
Wannawanga stamped TFA clamp cover
Skywampa TFA card
Wannawanga V2 lever
4-40 thumbscrew
2 Taylor & Hobbson 16 mm "Supertal" projector lenses
Spacer cut from a faucet handle
TCSS metal Covertec knob
Bell & Howell 16mm projector lens
Gear shift part
Small stainless steel measuring spoon, minus the handle
Champagne opener

All assembled on a 1/4-20 threaded rod, as per usual.

Freak’n love it !

Hey AnubisGuard ! Post #2381, THAT'S SOME BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY RIGHT THERE!

Have you described your photo setup yet? If not, can you pass along how you take your pictures and what you take them with?

And what is that little greeblie sticking out of the "Test" hole? Is it cockeyed because it's a toggle switch?

Hey @AnubisGuard ! Post #2381, THAT'S SOME BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY RIGHT THERE!

Have you described your photo setup yet? If not, can you pass along how you take your pictures and what you take them with?

Thank you. I used a lightbox I picked up on Amazon:

Its just the white backdrop, with the lights cranked up to max. Photos were taken with a Moto G6 phone. It's honestly nothing fancy.

The walls of the lightbox were edited out of the pics where they were visible, and I used the curves box in photoshop to adjust the brightest part of the backdrop to pure white.

That's about it.

And what is that little greeblie sticking out of the "Test" hole? Is it cockeyed because it's a toggle switch?

It's what's underneath the red plastic button that comes with the flash. There used to be a plastic washer under there too that held the switch in place. I broke all of that off and it left an interesting little nub sticking out.

View attachment 1077447

View attachment 1077449

SB

I modeled and printed one of these awhile back, I never really finished it, though...
1028191523a.jpg
1028191523b.jpg
1028191524.jpg
1028191524a.jpg
1028191524b.jpg
1028191523.jpg

Wow that looks great! It's hard to tell that it's 3D printed. Is the silver just spray paint? Or aluminum tape? It looks really nice.

Luuke could you post some of the pics here? That FB link still isn't working for me (and I don't have FB).

SB

It's a mix of paint and aluminum tape, yeah.

I need to give it some love, install a covertec, activator button, and just give it a general once-over with the finish, paint, weathering yada yada.

Looking at the book cover again, I kinda wanna make the transition to the pommel a bit thinner. Maybe a couple other little adjustments.

I remember the Stormpath run, but don't remember yours, Luuke. Yours looks really nice! Well done! I remember you almost ALWAYS had a cool lightsaber run going, are you still doing that? I haven't been paying attention.

That Dark Witch (is that correct?) hilt was one of the most interesting and one that I wish I hadn't missed out on. I think, if I remember right, I was originally on the list, but had to drop out for some reason. Didn't it have a resin "jewel" or something for the pommel?

Hey @Steven Bills ! If you can't find a "Jedi Apprentice: The Rising Force (#1) lightsaber ", you could always emulate one with TCSS parts...

View attachment 1077839

You'll need to pick up TCSS's MHSv1 Sleeve Material to carve your own overlay atop the V-Ribbed Sections, and you might try their Pommel Style 4 too, it's just not in the builder.

That, or get a lathe and start machining out your own lightsabers. <--- I'd love to do that myself.

+1 for the MHS Builder! ;)

You will need flash to run it however (just an FYI).. and most phones or mac/ios devices do not support it unfortunately anymore.

* never got around to trying to tackle a javascript/ajax version of it...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back