Shatner TWOK - This may cheese off the purists...

All I can say is, Thank the Maker for the RPF...the only place on the planet where I don't have to feel like a dork posting these pics! :lol

Well, you could certainly post these photos on the Star Trek Prop, Costume & Auction Forum! We love abusing our screen used stuff for our own wish fulfillment! An no one bitches about it!

Alec

StarTrekCon1.jpg

Here's a close-up of my maroon that shows the type of links micdavis refers to. Given the type of label (WC) and its information, I think there's little doubt that this is a WOK Jacket.

I seem to remember pics of the WOK uniforms and an interview with the costume designer where they stated they used 'custom dyed wool gaberdine'.
I'd like to read that article again.

It was a fabric called wool elastique, which is apparently no longer made. While it doesn't seem terribly exotic when you see and touch it, it has unique qualities that are hard to match with current off-the-shelf options.

And for what it's worth, Mr. F, if I had an opportunity to do a photo op with that piece, I'd (carefully!!) slip it on in a heartbeat!

I see it doesn't have the bloody hand print either (the one that changed positions in TWOK). ;) Any evidence of it on the inside flap? I imagine the dry cleaners used by Paramount were up to the task of removing movie makeup stains if tasked to do so.

BTW, you don't look like a dork wearing it at all. In fact, you have the right build to wear it and it looks rather good I say!

Superb Uniform, green with envy here.

Great pics on the bridge.

Has anyone mentioned that you bear a striking resemblance to former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back