Service Service: Plastic Card Printing – Commercial Quality Printer and Materials

cenn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a response to the demand that I have seen here in the years that I have been a member of The RPF. What I am able to offer is commercial quality printed PVC cards that are made using a high definition dye sublimation retransfer printer, in English it fuses the image to the card in a way that is waterproof and wear resistant the same as most all employee and government ID cards unlike the commonly available inkjet PVC cards that are currently popular (blech).

I'm sure that there are others out there that provide card printing services, and I don’t want to knock them. But how many are there that you are aware of that are using the exact same commercial grade equipment that is trusted by governments and corporations worldwide to print credentials for their members and employees, let alone ones that accept requests for single cards at a reasonable price?

I am willing to do runs as small as a single card, or with some lead time, 500 cards or more.

I offer the following printing services for standard 30mil CR-80 (credit card) sized cards:

• Full color 300dpi printing for the front, B&W back (full color back carries and additional cost)
  • True edge to edge printing of cards (no white border due to a small print head)
  • Standard and HiCo Magnetic cards (encoding available)
  • Real embedded smart chip cards (when available as I only get these in small quantities at a time. I do not offer programming for them)
  • Scannable Bar Codes that match printed data points on the card (1D and 2D - Not applicable for customer provided card prints)
  • Holographic Over Laminate – Stock Pattern (fused to the card, not the cheap overlay stickers that others use)
  • Card Punching for hangers (generally free of charge for smaller runs)

Customer Provided Artwork Requirements:
  • Standard CR-80 cards are 54mm X 86mm, for full bleed printing (edge to edge) artwork should be sized at 56mm X 87.7mm (for background only).
  • Artwork needs to be 300dpi or higher in JPG or PNG-8 format in the proper size ratio (first bullet)

I am not going to make this a novel sized post, so when it comes to artwork requirements beyond what little is stated, please just contact me for more information on the costs your project may entail.

With customer provided artwork, that requires no intervention on my part, printing can be as low as $8.00 per card plus shipping. For runs in excess of 10 cards, volume discounts apply.

I am willing to undertake commissions as well, have a good screen cap of something that you want reproduced? Given good source material I can usually reproduce something that is 95%+ accurate if not spot on.

Some examples of my work can be found in the YourProps link in my profile. Additionally, I have been selling printed PVC cards via Etsy since 2014 and have a 5 star track record on my work and order fulfillment: http://industrialconstructs.etsy.com/

Caveats: Please do not even think of asking me to print anything the mimics an officially issued credential from Federal or State agencies (including school or corporate ID from real entities). I will not accept requests for any cards that contain the official logos or likeness of said entities, sorry the legal stuff is important. Also be mindful of Trademarks when it comes to reproductions that you are thinking of for resale, most are not trademarked, but some are. It is better to check first (http://www.uspto.gov/trademark).

Let me know what you are looking for. The whole reason that I got into printing cards myself was the lack reliable services and designs at a reasonable price to reproduce the props that I wanted for my own collection.

Note to the admins/moderators: While I have been a member here for quite a while, I am new to the whole Premium Member thing. Per my understanding this post should be within the guidelines of offering a service to other members, if not, please let me know immediately so it can be brought into compliance (or voluntarily removed).

Attachments

• hdp5000.jpg
    hdp5000.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back