Sebastian's Chess Set (Blade Runner, Great Birds)

And I JUST got confirmation that mine have shipped. So i guess they're still sending them out this way. ugh smh

What we talked about last was her sending me a bunch of queens, and I will mail them to US buyers. If they stop sending sets now, it would add weeks to the lead time. Thank you all for your patience. Remember, I’m not making anything on this, all material costs for the masters, the time and even shipping was out of pocket for me.

It appears that my mahogany queen has a bit more detail in the back than my ivory one does. Or am I seeing things?

View attachment 1347518

That does look better. Maybe they have a bad mold for just the white ones. So weird. Working on it guys.

I sent the image to Emily (thank you), and I asked her to have the manufacturer pour an Ivory piece in the Mahogany mold...it's hard to see the detail on brown. I also offered to pour and ship her a new master (at my cost). It's nightime over there now, guys, so I'll let you know when I hear anything.

Last edited:
Thanks man. Sorry if I sounded pissy, lol. I'm totally excited about this set and love the fact it's available. Thanks 100%

What we talked about last was her sending me a bunch of queens, and I will mail them to US buyers. If they stop sending sets now, it would add weeks to the lead time. Thank you all for your patience. Remember, I’m not making anything on this, all material costs for the masters, the time and even shipping was out of pocket for me.

Thanks man. Sorry if I sounded pissy, lol. I'm totally excited about this set and love the fact it's available. Thanks 100%
We're cool. I totally know how it is to get something you have been waiting for and have it be aaaaaalmost perfect. Just yesterday, I got a custom sheath for a knife, and the guy crafted one of the details on the sheath off by about 1/32" and I can't stop looking at it. I can't say anything because he totally upgraded the materials and rushed it for free...but man, it's killing me right now.

Emily and Phil are good people. She told me she will make this right, just needs time.

Has anything been said about people in the UK with this issue can they send them directly to us, do we need to contact Hoyle's directly?

It appears that my mahogany queen has a bit more detail in the back than my ivory one does. Or am I seeing things?

View attachment 1347518

Nope you are definitely not just seeing things the mahogany queen does have more detail. Because of your photo I just checked mine but my mahogany queen is about the same as my ivory queen, which is like your ivory queen. So not sure if pouring an ivory queen from a mahogany queen mold (aaarrrggghhh.....too many, ivories, mahoganies and queens in these sentences) will show any improvement. Could they be using multiple sets of molds for these castings?

Last edited:
Just got off the phone. Sorry for the delay, guys. Dealing with family drama from an ancestry test. TLDR: Don't post your results on facebook with the caption, "Huh. I thought I was German and Spanish." lol I guess a family member has some explaining to do.

I am sending Emily my original (repaired) piece tomorrow. In the meantime, she is going to keep sending out sets, so you don't have to wait. Once the replacements are done, she is going to send a big box of queens to me, and I'll send them to you (if you are in the USA).

If you are in the UK, she'll send them to you directly. Thanks guys.

Just got off the phone. Sorry for the delay, guys. Dealing with family drama from an ancestry test. TLDR: Don't post your results on facebook with the caption, "Huh. I thought I was German and Spanish." lol I guess a family member has some explaining to do.

I am sending Emily my original (repaired) piece tomorrow. In the meantime, she is going to keep sending out sets, so you don't have to wait. Once the replacements are done, she is going to send a big box of queens to me, and I'll send them to you (if you are in the USA).

If you are in the UK, she'll send them to you directly. Thanks guys.

Well, I 'd really like a replacement Queen if I had one to replace. I still have not received my set yet as DHL has tried three times now to ship my set and still has not been able to figure it out. Emily has been pretty communicative though, but DHL keeps screwing up.

Anyhoo... Slash I would like to get a replacement Queen as well but I am in Canada, but would be willing to pay you something for your time and effort, although I have not received my set yet so maybe I am jumping the gun a little, maybe I'll get a good one.

OK, guys. Mailed off three more queens to Hoyle's today. One was repaired original (green tape). They can recast whichever they like...

119485647_740601466672527_3986787275922895942_n.jpg

I finally received my birds a couple of days ago. They are very nice. Again a big thank you to Slash for helping get these into collector's hands.

I noticed my Ivory Peacock piece has the same issue with the mold line as many others. Hopefully I can get a replacement piece. The Mahogony counterpart on the other hand seems to be okay and has some texture and detail there, definitely not as bad as the Ivory one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back