Sebastian's Chess Set (Blade Runner, Great Birds)

So I finally had a chance to open my set last night. The pieces look great. Definitely more detailed than other sets I have seen. And all the beaks arrived intact! :)

One question for those of you who have the set. Regarding the queen (peacock) - there's a stripe down the center of the feathers that has no detail. Is this normal? It's much less obvious on the brown queen because of the darker color. Is everyone's like this or does mine have an issue?

View attachment 1342937

Yep, mine is the same also.

Attached are some pics from one of my original sets. Nice detail on these. I’ll probably pick up the reproduction set also.

Attachments

• 9FB86E29-7258-47A2-9CDF-9307E86C1BAC.jpeg
    9FB86E29-7258-47A2-9CDF-9307E86C1BAC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 169
  • 00F736DE-23EB-4CAE-9F08-E9E52CF7ADF8.jpeg
    00F736DE-23EB-4CAE-9F08-E9E52CF7ADF8.jpeg
    946.5 KB · Views: 153
Just got off the phone with Emily. She is looking at the one sample set she has at the shop, and will reach out to the manufacturer to see where this is happening.
When I poured the master for them, I actually poured three just in case one had an error. Here is what the back looks like of one of my masters, you can see the line I was talking about (I think from the original, now in storage), but there is still detail...but it is very thin... It could even be I sent them the wrong master piece. We'll figure it out guys.
118626009_650808498885377_917622045507232248_n.jpg
118695343_310073560217444_6107330547462162763_n.jpg

Just got off the phone with Emily. She is looking at the one sample set she has at the shop, and will reach out to the manufacturer to see where this is happening.
When I poured the master for them, I actually poured three just in case one had an error. Here is what the back looks like of one of my masters, you can see the line I was talking about (I think from the original, now in storage), but there is still detail...but it is very thin... It could even be I sent them the wrong master piece. We'll figure it out guys.View attachment 1343209View attachment 1343211

Really appreciate it!

When I poured the master for them, I actually poured three just in case one had an error. Here is what the back looks like of one of my masters, you can see the line I was talking about (I think from the original, now in storage), but there is still detail...but it is very thin... It could even be I sent them the wrong master piece. We'll figure it out guys.

To me, it's looking like someone in the finishing department is being very heavy handed with the sanding on the mold seam. It certainty doesn't ruin this set for me, and I am SO SO SO happy to have a set, but it is REALLY disappointing. I mean, I'd be totally willing to pay for shipping if they provided replacement pieces.....or.....just live with it. Whatever happens. I'm still ecstatic to have a set.

Mine finally arrived today! Wasn’t expecting a delivery on Labor Day! Came home from the grocery store and found the box sitting in the garage! Very excited to open it!

To me, it's looking like someone in the finishing department is being very heavy handed with the sanding on the mold seam. It certainty doesn't ruin this set for me, and I am SO SO SO happy to have a set, but it is REALLY disappointing. I mean, I'd be totally willing to pay for shipping if they provided replacement pieces.....or.....just live with it. Whatever happens. I'm still ecstatic to have a set.

I feel the same and when I initially looked at it I thought that this must have been how the originals were but on seeing sengel67's queen/peacock I can now see that they are flawed. I too would be happy to pay for shipping if they issued replacement pieces. It would be such a shame if this limited edition BR set was left with known flaws after all the work put into this from various parties.

Ok. Just got a picture from the company making the pieces. Here is what they look like right out of the mold.
IMG_9409.jpg

I’m looking into getting them another piece to make a mold from with more detail in that area.
Not sure what happened on this one, my master had detail there, but it was indeed thin.
I’ll keep you posted.
I’ll look at my original, but in case the detail is too thin, if anyone has an original I can recast...?

And I JUST got confirmation that mine have shipped. So i guess they're still sending them out this way. ugh smh

Ok. Just got a picture from the company making the pieces. Here is what they look like right out of the mold.
View attachment 1347496

I’m looking into getting them another piece to make a mold from with more detail in that area.
Not sure what happened on this one, my master had detail there, but it was indeed thin.
I’ll keep you posted.
I’ll look at my original, but in case the detail is too thin, if anyone has an original I can recast...?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back