Sebastian's Chess Set (Blade Runner, Great Birds)

Having missed this thread until about two hours ago, I emailed them. Emil got back to me and she said they are making them in batches of 20. I'm in line now for set #8 of the next set of 20 and that it would be about 10 days or so. Great customer service and I think for the set and what they represent to me, well worth the price.

Hello all,

I got an email from Emily who is super sweet and she said she got the figures for shipping. She said originally it was 85 pounds to the US (I live in Florida), but she got it to 60 pounds, and the store is covering 1/3rd of that so she quoted me 40 pounds shipping. At this rate of interest it seems like all 100 sets might be accounted for within a few weeks! Good luck everyone!! And wow Trooper Trent is also a Blade Runner fan - the revelations to be had at the RPF really are incredible :):)(y)(y)

...and a green/black and ivory set (some people think the set was green), and a red/black ivory set also. Not limited edition, though...and with wrens and kingfishers...to keep the BR LE set special...

Maybe....an opium weight on the way? We'll see.

I am talking to Emily about getting one that looks exactly like the movie produced... FYI

Here is a link to my own research about the chess board and it's dimensions/construction/origin in case anyone is interested;

Last edited:
As promised in my earlier post here are some photos of my set on an illuminated board I bought on eBay about 18 months ago. The board seems like it was made professionally quite a while ago by a company which has a blue and silver logo with just BW on it. I say it seems quite old because the light source is an internal round fluorescent tube!. Hope you like the shots. Just noticed I have the bishops and the Knights swapped round Doh!!!

IMG_0268.JPGIMG_0269.JPGIMG_0270.JPGIMG_0271.JPGIMG_0273.JPGIMG_0275.JPGIMG_0277.JPG IMG_0278.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Can I use some of your images in my other historical post?

Hi Slash-5, The dark pieces are the mahogany (brown) and although they look a little dark in the pics I think they do support the argument that they are the right colour when illuminated by the board and yes feel free to use any pics you like.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back