SD Studios - What does Steve Dymszo owe you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I just bought from the guy over ebay, and then found this thread. I immediately requested a refund through eBay, which was provided. The refund notice appears on my eBay account and my PayPal account, however I am nervous of whether the money will actually be refunded as it has yet to appear in my bank account activity. Should I be worried, or can I trust that the refund will happen?

Just stay on top of watching to see that it went through. I believe it can take 3 or 4 days to clear. If you don't see it in a couple days, contact PayPal and show them the refund confirmation message.

Just as a reminder, this is not a place to discuss items that you have purchased from a banned member.

Alright, so I just bought from the guy over ebay, and then found this thread. I immediately requested a refund through eBay, which was provided. The refund notice appears on my eBay account and my PayPal account, however I am nervous of whether the money will actually be refunded as it has yet to appear in my bank account activity. Should I be worried, or can I trust that the refund will happen?

Refunds such as these always appear on PayPal and eBay first. They take 2-3 business days to show up on most bank statements, as I was told by PayPal and my bank (Chase). So no, you shouldn't be worried. Also, I'm not sure about your question in the last part of your post due to my own incompetence, so I will try to explain how I believe those refunds work on both ends (in most cases).

Buyer: Buys Item:
Seller: No Response
Buyer: Opens Refund Case
eBay: Refunds buyer out of their own pocket.
eBay: Sends seller a bill
Seller: Owes eBay the money that they paid you.

Hope this helps :)

Ah, alright, I think I understand now. Yeah, to clear up my last question, I think I was confused about how electronic refunds happen. I was unsure if he could click "refund" on his end and not actually give up the money. I normally buy on eBay and Etsy, not sell, so I'm not familiar with how the process of refunding goes.

Ah, alright, I think I understand now. Yeah, to clear up my last question, I think I was confused about how electronic refunds happen. I was unsure if he could click "refund" on his end and not actually give up the money. I normally buy on eBay and Etsy, not sell, so I'm not familiar with how the process of refunding goes.

Glad I could help :) Yes, typically they'll always give you the money, then bill him. Then if he doesn't pay them he will be harassed by collection agencies and sent bills until he does lol.

He's posting all the time on the Build a Falcon FB Page if anyone is looking for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do these 'mainstream' model kit suppliers (Dymszo isn't the only one doing this) get away with taking money then apologising and giving partial refunds (if at all) with the addition of kits that the customer never wanted in the first place...???
Also annoying is the fact that these people carry on to new projects as if it's perfectly ok to repeat the process...
If you offer a service, take money for it and then don't supply the goods then you have 2 choices in my opinion...

1. Give a full and prompt refund
2. Face prosecution as a criminal for fraudulent business activities

I know none of us nice, honest replica collectors want to see people who step up and manufacture stuff to disappear off the scene BUT there has to be a limit to what we are prepared to put up with.

Does Steve still send out newsletters to people or has he stopped so he can hide from those he owes better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back