Sculpting Deathstroke

Graevn

I was already a fan of Deathstroke, but then I read a story about him taking on the entire Justice League...and winning for a time....
That prompted me to try to sculpt his mask, but I wanted it to be darker, more menacing/ferocious/cold like the man.

I'm new to sculpting but the goal is to get it to a printable state.

Here's what I have so far:

bNRsyCY.jpg

And a quick mock up of how I'll paint it:

dOUaO7n.jpg

The mask, when done, will be the main front piece and a smaller back of the head piece, joined by straps...or buckles...or something. Not entirely sure yet.
Also, I think it needs more. Something on the sides, or more tech along the jaw....thoughts?

Cheers.

Nice design. Love the skull effect that you did on the right side. I would love to see an alternate one with the both sides looking like the right side but the left eye blackened or covered over so the black side has a skull effect also. Awesome work non the less.

That looks sick! It kind of has a Punisher look with the slender jaw that goes down. I absolutely love what you're doing with that, can't wait for more updates!

BlackKaos

Thanks. I did the skull only on one side for two reasons; 1 being the visual impact when turning my head and 2 being a hard sell on the only "only need one eye to kill you anyway" type vibe of Deathstroke.
fancher37

Thank you.

I toyed with adding..*more*...to the sculpt. Tech bits and extruded plating etc.
In the end I prefer it the way it is, sleek, ninja like.

The two pieces will be joined by visible strapping when worn, and I modeled in a rear hole/post to tie in the long ponytail/headband/material pieces.
So I think i'll call this done and move on to trying to either print it myself or put it up on Shapeways

kvl465u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my print back from Shapeways.

V2YR7Sh.jpg

Overall, pretty amazed (its my first time having something printed)
It is still a bit 'powdery' and such so I assume it needs cleaning then sanding etc before i paint it.

Also, I should've done it maybe 0.5 - 1" bigger overall. Its a bit small.
It fits for the most part save for the deep cheek parts colliding with mine.
I think what I'll do is trim it down into more of a mask rather than a full front head covering.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back