Sculpting A Classic - 7/16/13 Painted

Had to order more clay, should be done with the basics soon :) and then all the details will come and then mold time!

Does anyone have any good tips for skin textures? I'm mainly concerned with the crown part, thanks in advance :)

:} thanks guys I'm done with the basics now and working on the details, I'll be sculpting the neck rings directly onto the mask as well.
Pics up tomorrow :)

Alrighty here are the updated photos, now I can't decide if I want to do a stone mold or a fiberglass one. Help me out guys what would you recommend, I'd like a lighter mold so that's why I'd go for the fiberglass one.

I'm sculpting the neck rings on and am trying to decide how tall/low I want them to go, suggestions are welcome :)
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

What do you guys think if the dread spots? Should I make them a little deeper or do they look good enough like that. Of course I'm not done added them.
image.jpg

Alright that's all for now, I'm super excited for this sculpt, I am very happy with how it has turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great there Oxi!  As for the holes I might go a bit deeper on them but if your intent is to cut the ol "X" in the holes they should be ok.

Just got to add a few more dread spots, touch up whatever I find and I should be starting on the mold!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I removed the neck rings, I wasn't too happy with how it looked bing sculpted on there, that and I also want to be able to move my head freely and I think the neck rings on there would be a little uncomfortable or look awkward. They should probably be in one place while you move your head.

This has been a lot of work but very fun and rewarding, I'll be taking a slight break from making predator sculpts and will try others next. Right now it's between doing a werewolf or Manbat. I'm also working on some other small things. When I do return to doing Predator I'm thinking of revisiting the p2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well unfortunately  (n)  the mold for the front of the mask didn't turn out :(  :(  :( , the details in the eyes and mouth didn't stick. So right now I have a very blank looking mold.
The thing is that the back turned out great so I don't know what happened with the front side. I'm thinking something happened with the plaster.

I had to but the head armature to even get it to come out. *sigh*

I need to figure out what to do, I still have some of the sculpt that survived and of the face actually. Right now the mold looks like it could be used for a half mask atm.

Wow, that came out great, i have to get back on mine, you make it look so easy lol

Sorry to hear about the mold:(

Let it aside, work on something else, and return to it, you can do it ;)

So sorry to hear that mine messed up also so i feel your pain.  It is gutting when you have spent so much time on some thing then the mold messes up
take a break then jump back at it.

Sorry to here about your mold K, sucks when you have spent so long on something and it bites you in the ass. As Tom suggested could the mold not be turned it a half mask? Rather than scraping the mold completely?

As I said on FB Kendra, I really hate to hear this.  I know you put allot of work into it and were proud of it (as you should be).  Next one will be even better, right?

Brian

Thanks guys, it sure was upsetting. But I think I can at least get a half mask out of it so I'm going to get that a shot.

I'm going to finish my little side project and then get right back to sculpting again. I still have most of the face sculpt so of I can jump back in with a head start then I sure will. Do any of you think it would be possible to sculpt clay over latex???

I was thinking of pouring a mask and then foaming the inside or something and then putting clay over that so it would still basically be my sculpt, just reborn.

Okay so I was thinking of turning one of the pulls into an armature to sculpt on, whether it be for bios or new masks, I figure it would help me get started a little faster. Now I was wondering if it would be possible to fiberglass over latex? Or if you guys have another idea feel free to tell me!

Can you put it back in the mold to hold it's shape and fill it with expanding foam?  Not sure how well the latex and fiberglass would play together.

Brian

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back