salzo's 37 1/2 galactica build instructions

trooper

Sr Member
I have been fortunate enough to be asked by mike to do an instructions thread on building this monster gallactica. I thought it would be best done in video form, it is easyer to understand what is being instructed. please keep in mind there are a hundred ways to do some of these things, im showing you the best AND easiest way I know how.
I understand that there may be several people out there that have never built a garage kit before, and are very intimidated by this. don't be. go slow, follow what im showing you and always double check your measurements

in this first video, we will go over some basics for those that don't know already.

please feel free to ask questions,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZPpzOd24mw

you can also follow this build on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gluejunky-models/1419587308356205?ref=hl

Last edited:
Re: salzo's 37 1/2 gallactica build instructions

Thanks for the Video.

As they say - you are always learning new and exciting things about this hobby - as I am sure I will pick-up some new techniques along the way from these video's. Looking forward to the rest. :thumbsup

By the way, what is the name of that tool you used for getting irregular shapes templated onto the wood for cutting into a perfect fit?

Great work. looking forward to the next. Is there anyway we can copy the video as not sure when I will get to this and by then the videos might be gone. Also don't drop any sharp tools :)

Great job so far. Just a thought... how are you going to run the fiber optics? All that wood and copper piping will be in the way. Especially under the bridge section.

Great videos so far. Looking forward to more!

You know, I don't currently own the galactica kit but I find some you tips in tutorials very helpful on other projects.
Great videos all the way around.
Sure wish I had these when I started my first resin kit.

You know, I don't currently own the galactica kit but I find some you tips in tutorials very helpful on other projects.
Great videos all the way around.
Sure wish I had these when I started my first resin kit.

thank you very much :)

Hey Trooper, even though I have not built a resin kit (I don't even have one in my stash) I just wanted to say great videos. They have been most insightful on many levels with very useful techniques and tricks that can be applied to any build project. Looking forward to what's to come.

Hey Trooper, even though I have not built a resin kit (I don't even have one in my stash) I just wanted to say great videos. They have been most insightful on many levels with very useful techniques and tricks that can be applied to any build project. Looking forward to what's to come.

im very pleased that you guys are finding the videos of good use, even if your not building the gallactica

This will be my first garage kit so thank you so much for posting all this info, advanced builders might not need it but I need ever bit of this information. Thanks again.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back