salzo's 37 1/2 galactica build instructions

Thanks Trooper for the links to your video of Mike Salzo 37 1/2 BSG Considered me subscribed to them,this will be very helpful to everyone who is build the BSG..

This is a amazing kit..

https://youtu.be/Jh8D_fR99nw

here is the pic I referred to in the video, you can see there was plastic strips added to cover seams and add detail. I will replicate this a little. kg-tos_battlestar-studio_model_reference-220.jpg

the best reference pics I have found are here - http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=4124
if any one knows of any more please let me know, I would like to find more shots of the ship lit up so I can map out where the fiber optics go

thank you

Last edited:
Very cool vids. For Sure like them I just put pics up of my build, I went with the building of the landing bays this was a very how to say into it kind of thing took alot of test fitting parts and such but was fun, once you are entering into the almost finished part of the build be prepared for withdraws because it will happen get you another model ready to build this is the most greatest kits you can get one day they will be gone. get them while you can........Thanks Jim

First a very belated and HUGE thanks to Trooper for taking these instructions on, in the weeks leading up to Wonderfest i have been even more pressed for time than ever. So thanks big time.

I have not even had a chance to sit down and watch the vids yet, maybe at my hotel room at Wonderfest i can watch them finally, no kids around, well only big kids i guess.

Update on the kit, it's discontinued for the foreseeable future, sorry, lots of reasons why but for now, all gone.

Thanks to everyone who has one, i appreciate everyone's business more than I get a chance to convey on the boards.

Good news on the update parts, I have bags and bags of them cast up, and will get to shipping them shortly after i recover from WFest.

thanks
mike

First a very belated and HUGE thanks to Trooper for taking these instructions on, in the weeks leading up to Wonderfest i have been even more pressed for time than ever. So thanks big time.

I have not even had a chance to sit down and watch the vids yet, maybe at my hotel room at Wonderfest i can watch them finally, no kids around, well only big kids i guess.

Update on the kit, it's discontinued for the foreseeable future, sorry, lots of reasons why but for now, all gone.

Thanks to everyone who has one, i appreciate everyone's business more than I get a chance to convey on the boards.

Good news on the update parts, I have bags and bags of them cast up, and will get to shipping them shortly after i recover from WFest.

thanks
mike

Thanks Mike for the update and when you have time check your PM I sent you just a couple questions I needed to ask you..

Clarence

Mike, I'd still like your autograph on the inside of my engine cover. I'll bring it to WF and try and track you down.

jarroth, quoted from Mike just above, all gone...

thanks
mike

aw thats a shame.

brought back memories to the series and the one i build from scratch when i was young. think ill start one again though i dont have the skills or materials to make it a perfect model. the one i build as kid was made of plywood, bondo, superglue and lots of small parts that where never meant for modeling. still hurts to think it got destroyed in a house fire.

made it from polaroid pictures i took from the tv screen and foto's from magazines so i bet it was of by miles.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back