ROTJ Darth Vader Graflex Stunt (MoM)(a.k.a. DV6) – by WannaWanga

Do we know the shooting schedule for ESB? What was the order Dagobah water, Dagobah Cave, Bespin duel, or was it Bespin Duel, Dagobah Cave, Dagobah water?
Supposedly, based upon the Rinzler book, all Dagobah scenes were shot last in the main production schedule (August - September 1979) with the “Luke takes a dunk in the bog” scene preceding the cave duel sequence.

So, the foam grips might have been on their early in the shoot during Bespin, then they were removed and replaced with 7 non-notched t-track at the end of shooting, instead of the other way around.
I think it gets even more complicated with the MOM Vader since the bottom half of the flash also exhibits holes that are indicative of ESB Skywalker T-Track grips having been applied, at some point in its past…

So, I believe its history may go:
  • Originally had screwed-on low-profile T-Track grips for dueling (thus the screw holes). These are seen early on in the carbon freeze chamber duel.
  • Replaced by foam grips after actor complaints—which hardly held up to action on the set and are often seen peeling off.
  • Replaced by non-notched and non-screwed standard T-Track grips.

10426750-4DCA-4BB6-BF1A-E873182AAE0E.jpeg

Last edited:
So, yes, this is part of what we were hoping to deal with in the new thread. It’s a bit more complicated than this and I have more info to share. I’ll write it all up sooner rather than later now

Alley I think you’re generally right about this.

There are significant plot holes we’re trying to deal with before sharing the story. When it comes to this kit/this saber, I believe the only things used to convert it to a Vader saber were the collar, upper D ring the wrap and box, and some paint

Guys........I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve having to wait to open gifts.....except I'm waiting for this new information!!!! This has to be one of the most exciting things I've experienced since my membership here!

Woah…could the Dagobah Stunt belt hanger be the MOM Vader in totality?? (Maybe I missed this being discussed before.)

This appears to possibly be a seven grip bottom and, there are no notches seen in the grips for screw mounting of the T-Track.

View attachment 1608140

Edit: Unfortunately the grip placement doesn’t appear to match the MOM Vader grip placement.
That’s what I believe… we are still cracking away.. there is 1 grip right there that proves it to me. We also are talking about the vader stunts bottom can possibly being able to rotate.. or at least did at one time

That is still up in the air

That’s what I believe… we are still cracking away.. there is 1 grip right there that proves it to me. We also are talking about the vader stunts bottom can possibly being able to rotate.. or at least did at one time

That is still up in the air

I was hoping that would be the case—but the grip placement doesn’t seem to line up with where the grips are on the MOM Vader. I laid the template over the bottom of my flash and locked it into the Graflex clamp and the grip alignment doesn’t match the Dagobah photo.

:(

Last edited:
I was hoping that would be the case—but the grip placement doesn’t seem to line up with where the grips are on the MOM Vader. I laid the template over the bottom of my flash and locked it into the Graflex clamp and the grip alignment doesn’t match the Dagobah photo.

:(
we are thinking its a possibility the bottom can is moving all around, still today even with the MOM vader on display it looks to have rotated. that once track with a arch is still on the saber today. judging by how much glue is under the tracks and even oozing over into the end cap, i wonder just how many times these tracks were put on and off..

Roy!MOM Vader Kit is awesome! I've been waiting for this moment for so long! :pI finally finished my MOM Vader Lightsaber! However, I replaced some of the components in the MOM Vader Kit, I replaced the original core with a solid aluminum core, I reworked what I saw in the lower left side of the control box clip that had been bothering me for so long, and I made a double-way plug to hold the Valve part in place, and the results were always satisfactory!

I really enjoyed the process of building MOM Vader Lightsaber! The only problem was that I had to pound the shroud with a rubber mallet every time I loaded it into my Vintage Graflex.:lol:
IMG_5820.gif

IMG_5898.jpg
IMG_5899.jpg
IMG_5902.jpg
IMG_6263.jpg
IMG_6245.jpg
IMG_5900.jpg
IMG_7052.jpg
IMG_5486.JPG
IMG_5476.JPG
IMG_5487.JPG
IMG_6795.jpg
IMG_5915.jpg
IMG_5933.jpg
IMG_5905.jpg
IMG_5906.jpg
IMG_5907.jpg
IMG_5904.jpg
IMG_5909.jpg
IMG_5908.jpg
IMG_5903.jpg
IMG_5901.jpg
IMG_5851.jpg
IMG_5920.png

Last edited:
Roy!MOM Vader Kit is awesome! I've been waiting for this moment for so long! :pI finally finished my MOM Vader Lightsaber! However, I replaced some of the components in the MOM Vader Kit, I replaced the original core with a solid aluminum core, I reworked what I saw in the lower left side of the control box clip that had been bothering me for so long, and I made a double-way plug to hold the Valve part in place, and the results were always satisfactory!

I really enjoyed the process of building MOM Vader Lightsaber! The only problem was that I had to pound the shroud with a rubber mallet every time I loaded it into my Vintage Graflex.:lol:View attachment 1610988

View attachment 1610965View attachment 1610966View attachment 1610968View attachment 1610969View attachment 1610970View attachment 1610971View attachment 1610972View attachment 1610973View attachment 1610974View attachment 1610979View attachment 1610980View attachment 1610981View attachment 1610982View attachment 1610983View attachment 1610984View attachment 1610989View attachment 1610985View attachment 1610986View attachment 1610987

Beautiful build!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back