Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

What you want is the Darth Bane books:

-Path of Destruction
-Rule of Two
-Dynasty of Evil

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Those was one of the best EU series IMO. I can't stand that Jedi with the horse legs though. Kerfluffle or something, whatever stupid name it is. That was made up in the Jedi vs. Sith comic though.

This is nitpicky, but I wonder if they are going to clarify hyperspace travel because this is the second movie where they have entered or exited hyperspace in a gravity well (planetary atmosphere for the slow people :lol). I guess you can just imagine they cut out the safeties or something. If not then the existing explanation is wrong about not being able to do that.

This is the spin off we're all truly dying to see:

PBHdwCl.jpg

It's at $555M global. Still hasn't released in China where I bet it does $200M. So it's going to end up in the $800M range I think that's probably on the high side of what Disney was thinking it could do.

i remember reading disney wouldnt be surprised if it wouldnt do well, with this being a whole new way of star wars. i think they are coming out of this great. i really wonder if the film would have done just as good with out the re shoots

I wonder if they are breaking down the mashup that was Star Wars to focus each stand alone on
one of them.

In other words, Rogue One focusing on "war".
The Han Solo film will be the "western".

"samurai" could be another, something about the old republic could be "Arthurian myths and legends'.

Focusing each stand alone upon a core element.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are breaking down the mashup that was Star Wars to focus each stand alone on
one of them.

In other words, Rogue One focusing on "war".
The Han Solo film will be the "western".

"samurai" could be another, something about the old republic could be "Authorian myths and legends'.

Focusing each stand alone upon a core element.

the obi wan movie!! fingers crossed!

It will be interesting to see how it does in China.

Donnie Yen has a HUGE following there and they let him have a lot of input on the Character he portrayed so they are hoping it will go over big.

Same thing with Diego Luna and Mexico.

Smart move on the Mouses part!

It's at $555M global. Still hasn't released in China where I bet it does $200M. .

Donnie Yen's character and his martial skills were a lot of fun to watch in this movie. Am I the only one who thought that while the idea that Galen adding the thermal port to help destroy the Death Star did answer many fan's nit picks with the station's flaw, in a way it sort of undermined part of what made Luke's shot in ANH so spectacular?

I'm still very mixed on this movie. I think it was a smart move on Disney's part to introduce fans and general audiences alike to the format of Anthology films by using an event from the Star Wars mythos that is so widely known. I just hope that they use it as a spring board to tell stories that DON'T have ties to the Empire/ Rebellion Conflict. I don't need or want to see anthology movies that fill in the all the gaps between movies and explore every single origin story of every single character.

I don't need / want to see what Admiral Ackbar had for breakfast the day before the battle of Endor.

In a recent interview Kathy Kennedy said that their goal was to create anthology films that would sort of fill in the gaps around the Saga films. It makes me a bit apprehensive because that's exactly what the EU did and Disney is going to run into the same dilemma. After reading the EU for years and years I just felt like Han, Luke and Leia were destined to never have a vacation or a break from fighting and it got old as a reader because it just became so repetitive.

Last edited:
So saw it a 2nd time and noticed some of these questionable flaws:

1. Bodhi's uplink from the "switch" or "lever" panel to the Imperial freight shuttle was finally plugged in so that the plans could be uploaded HOWEVER, BOOM....a grenade went off deep in the shuttle and destroyed the shuttle craft, killed Bodhi, and all the contents within. The explosion was so large even Baze saw it. Didn't it disconnect the uplink? No completed uplink? No plans sent? Rebellion over?

2. How did R2 and C-3PO get off Yavin IV in time to be transferred to the Tantive IV in order for R2 to receive the Death Star plans?

3. Why was Galen Erso a moisture farmer on the planet at the beginning of the movie? It reminded me of Iceland. Surrounded by oceans AND it rained alot. Why was there a need to be a moisture farmer with so many moisture evaporators?

1. Bodhi's uplink from the "switch" or "lever" panel to the Imperial freight shuttle was finally plugged in so that the plans could be uploaded HOWEVER, BOOM....a grenade went off deep in the shuttle and destroyed the shuttle craft, killed Bodhi, and all the contents within. The explosion was so large even Baze saw it. Didn't it disconnect the uplink? No completed uplink? No plans sent? Rebellion over?

2. How did R2 and C-3PO get off Yavin IV in time to be transferred to the Tantive IV in order for R2 to receive the Death Star plans?

3. Why was Galen Erso a moisture farmer on the planet at the beginning of the movie? It reminded me of Iceland. Surrounded by oceans AND it rained alot. Why was there a need to be a moisture farmer with so many moisture evaporators?

Not really flaws

1. Bodhi was communicating to the Rebel fleet,...that they needed to destroy the gate in order to receive plans that was going to be transmitted from that big dish......he successfully got through to the guys,..then his ship got destroyed

2. We see R2 & 3PO as only the fighters launch.......perhaps they are on their way to board,...they are in the hangar,...going by ROTJ the fleet meet together before jumping to lightspeed

3. This subject came up before,.....moisture vaporators are used to get clean water from the air,....the water that is freely available that we see is toxic due to the volcanic area,....& poisonous for the crops that Galen Erso grows

J

Am I the only one who thought that while the idea that Galen adding the thermal port to help destroy the Death Star did answer many fan's nit picks with the station's flaw, in a way it sort of undermined part of what made Luke's shot in ANH so spectacular?

How so? The fact that hitting he thermal port would cause a chain reaction wasn't what made Luke's shot spectacular. That was clearly disclosed in the Rebel briefing, and they briefed tens of pilots to all do the exact thing, whoever got the first chance to do so. Luke was just the last man standing (um, flying.)

What made Luke's shot so spectacular was that he hit the target (barely two meters across) without even using a targeting computer. That feat had nothing to do with Galen's planning of the flaw and so Galen's planning didn't do anything to undermine Luke's feat, IMHO.

M

Last edited:
I just always assumed that thematically the exhaust port being relatively unprotected was supposed to represent the Empire's arrogance in thinking they were invincible.

Also, I think you hear captain Antillies name called over the com system around time Bail and Mon Mothma have their conversation, meaning the Tantive is also there.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back