Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Indeed. They could inspire from some of the EU (like they did with Thrawn for example) or create completely new stories.
You just know that Disney will squeeze every last drop out of pre-existing ideas they can. It's going to be a long time before they actually come up with their own story, unattached from the main story.

You know what I'd love to see? (And this is from a guy who knows nothing of the EU)
I'd love to see an entire trilogy of a war between the Jedi and the sith. One where it ends with the sith establishing the rule of two.

Has that already been told in the EU?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You know what I'd love to see? (And this is from a guy who knows nothing of the EU)
I'd love to see an entire trilogy of a war between the Jedi and the sith. One where it ends with the sith establishing the rule of two.

Has that already been told in the EU?

What you want is the Darth Bane books:

-Path of Destruction
-Rule of Two
-Dynasty of Evil

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Would they make good movies? The clone wars did bring bane into canon

I have no idea, tbh. I've only read the first one and remember a Jedi/Sith war and a lot of Sith infights (with Bane coming out on top in the end)

How about a standalone told from an imperial point of view? Draw the whole USA=empire, rebels=terrorists comparison. Star Wars has always had intentional political undertones.

....but remember LFL/Disney need to make films that EVERYBODY wants to see,......not isolate themselves by producing something obscure,......it still needs to feel Star Wars,......one hint of nerdsville & it's over.......bums on seats

J
Nerdy movies have been selling like hotcakes for 15 years. Who on earth had even HEARD of Ant-Man? And it's one of the most popular marvel flicks. Or Jessica Jones? Guardians of the galaxy? Then look at the hulk. He's actually a popular character but his movies don't work.

Anything star wars will have a massive first two opening weekends. It doesn't need nostalgia to sell it. But if it's good, they will be able to ride that for a while.

But if they keep trying to squeeze everything out of the OT, they will be done in a few years. And they will use , "star wars no longer sells" as their excuse.

In the meantime, they could be expanding the galaxy and actually locking down the future of the movies.

Obi wan Kenobi stops the civil war of Mandalore. That movie writes itself.

Last edited:
I was really hoping to see this shot in the movie, shame it wasn't there.
rogue-one-star-wars-stormtrooper-lu.jpg

Nerdy movies have been selling like hotcakes for 15 years. Who on earth had even HEARD of Ant-Man? And it's one of the most popular marvel flicks. Or Jessica Jones? Guardians of the galaxy? Then look at the hulk. He's actually a popular character but his movies don't work.

Anything star wars will have a massive first two opening weekends. It doesn't need nostalgia to sell it. But if it's good, they will be able to ride that for a while.

But if they keep trying to squeeze everything out of the OT, they will be done in a few years. And they will use , "star wars no longer sells" as their excuse.

In the meantime, they could be expanding the galaxy and actually locking down the future of the movies.

Obi wan Kenobi stops the civil war of Mandalore. That movie writes itself.

head-scratch.jpg

J

Maybe that's not even much of the fleet?

I always wondered about that.
Dominating an entire galaxy seems it would mean LOTs of big ships, but who knows how many planets have life in their galaxy,
and I imagine tyranny would be handed down to local governments to enforce.
But the rebel "fleet" was similar sized in ROTJ, the imperial fleet showing up at the Battle of Endor seemed similar if that was
an indication of size. Hard to say. We never really saw much medium and smaller Imperial assets.

Tried to see a matinee today (curious if it will grow on me with more viewings), but it was sold out an hour ahead of the show. I know it's the day after xmas, but still, a Monday? I bet the box office for this is going to exceed Disney's hopes.

Tried to see a matinee today (curious if it will grow on me with more viewings), but it was sold out an hour ahead of the show. I know it's the day after xmas, but still, a Monday? I bet the box office for this is going to exceed Disney's hopes.

It's at $555M global. Still hasn't released in China where I bet it does $200M. So it's going to end up in the $800M range I think that's probably on the high side of what Disney was thinking it could do.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back