Unlimited Run Rocketeer X3 Rocket Pack & Helmet kit - On hold.

Has anyone tried a plating kit, like from Caswell plating on top of a conductive spray paint to get a real metal look on 3D printed parts?

Another option could be doing a vinyl wrap, I'm trying this for my cylon build.

Great idea! This can work a whole lot better than people think. I used a "wood" vinyl wrap on the grip for my vera and it turned out legit!

nV7xsm9.jpg

Vinyl wrap is a very viable option. (y)

Hey mate. Nah, order here directly off me. Saves fees, etc. Looks like we might have enough interested to start this run. I'll post payment details in the OP and we'll get this going. (y)

tmax,

what is the minimum number of paid purchasers before you start the project run? I know you mentioned that you are ready to start immediately - but you will probably need to reach a critical mass before embarking on this production. It has to make financial sense. I wanted to have a realistic expectation once I put the money in.

tmax,

what is the minimum number of paid purchasers before you start the project run? I know you mentioned that you are ready to start immediately - but you will probably need to reach a critical mass before embarking on this production. It has to make financial sense. I wanted to have a realistic expectation once I put the money in.
Thanks Jedar. These are made to order, so no minimum number required. This run is open so if you order first you’ll be the first to get a pack. Production will start immediately. (y)

We've just dropped the price on these kits by a substantial amount in hopes to get the ball rolling. We can't guarantee the price will stay this low for very long, so if you're keen jump on it! (y)

I would love one, but sadly can’t swing the price. :(

Looks great though!
Understood. Ironically, we are printing our first pack and have discovered that these are MUCH more work, time and PLA than expected. So have had to adjust the price to make these worthwhile. The window of "cheap" didn't last long. Lol. Still, It's nearly $100 cheaper than what's offered elsewhere for the same kit.

This run is on hold. The Do3D files are not up to our standard and we have opted to redesign the pack ourselves from scratch. When we are ready we will re-open the run.
T.

Last edited:
FYI, I have redesigned it entirely for anyone looking for a printable and accurate pack...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back