Rocketeer Cirrus X3- The Veepy Build

To fix pics
PXL_20210331_021416181.jpg

Has anyone bought this? If so what are your thoughts?

Did a quick test, I think I like it. It looks more shiny in the pics. I might take a rag a dull it a bit. Only issue is the dust! I got a ton of bits on the parts. I'll have to do it outside next time in my paint booth.
PXL_20210410_043759874.jpg
PXL_20210410_035915585.jpg

Wow I Just logged on the RPF with my computrer because tapatalk seems to not work now. The pics make it look sooooo bad. I promise it doesnt look that bad in person!

Wow I Just logged on the RPF with my computrer because tapatalk seems to not work now. The pics make it look sooooo bad. I promise it doesnt look that bad in person!
I’m having Tapatalk issues and I thought it was just me!

looks great man!!!

Thanks for the tapatalk info!

Also I'm back to square one with painting. I did not like the the way the alclad came out on the tanks. It was hard to get an even coat and one bottle didn't finish one tank!

I've moved on to another process so had to sand everything down and repaint black.
PXL_20210413_235329461.jpg
PXL_20210413_235315460.jpg

This looks so nice black! Hmmm black rocket??? Nah! Has to be movie accurate, but I bet it would look clean all in back.

Well I'm waiting on new paint to arrive and then I try the new method. This has to be perfect, I can't settle for second rate.

May I ask what putty you used during the sanding process?
81uIeolldYL.jpg

This is the stuff I use. Works great and dries really fast.
Yeah, that's the stuff! As long as you prep the base coat this will look exactly like brushed aluminum!
All but the tanks have 3 coats of black gloss. I'll have the 3rd on the tanks before the chrome arrives. I'll probably message you once the start to make sure its right.
I also have an abundance of correct rivets available for this kit if you need some!
I was able to get some thanks!

Huge success today, thanks to Hurd Drafting L for explaining how to get this awesome paint job!!
PXL_20210421_035138131.jpg
PXL_20210421_035149560.jpg
PXL_20210421_035302264.jpg

Here's how it's done:

High gloss black
Scuff evenly and all in the same direction with 0000 steel wool
2 light coats of Spaz Stix ultimate chrome
Buff with a t-shirt.
PXL_20210421_035237705.jpg
PXL_20210421_035255537.jpg

And poof! A fantastic paint job! I will be adding a clear coat next. There is a specific clear coat for spaz stix that I will be ordering. I went through 3 cans of the chrome and didn't have enough for everything. Just have the small vents, flaps, and radiator left. So 4 cans should do the trick to get 2 coats on everything.

I will update when I get more paint and the clear coat on.

Look fantastic. !!

Do NOT clear coat it!!! I heard even with the specific clear coat from spaz stix it can ruin the finish

Or test on a scrap piece first!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back