River Song's Sonic Screwdriver - looking for a good replica (not QMX)

RobI

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been on the hunt for a decent replica of River Song's Sonic Screwdriver. There is no way I could ever have afforded QMX's amazing version, so when it came out I didn't even try. I did some searching here and elsewhere and came up empty aside from the 'toy' Character Online versions for $20. Maybe they are OK, but for $20 I can't see it being of any appreciable quality. Anyone have a suggestion of where to get a decent one?

The same company that makes the sonic screwdriver most cosplayers use for 10 and 11 makes the toy you spoke of. Outside of spending considerably more, this is a solid option. What do you want from it that the toy doesn't have?

Anakin Starkiller was working on one, but I haven't heard of any updates on that project in a while. Other than that, I have yet to hear of any company making that particular sonic.

The same company that makes the sonic screwdriver most cosplayers use for 10 and 11 makes the toy you spoke of. Outside of spending considerably more, this is a solid option. What do you want from it that the toy doesn't have?

I was actually talking about spending considerably more. I have one of kursoawa's 11th sonic and it is beautiful. Considering getting a Rubbertoe since it is the cat's meow. I'm buying for a display collection, not a convention or fun toy (even though I do play...I mean...carefully test my high end props for functionality), but I appreciate the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Anakin Starkiller was working on one, but I haven't heard of any updates on that project in a while. Other than that, I have yet to hear of any company making that particular sonic.

I heard the same so I am keeping my eyes open.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back