River Song's Sonic Screwdriver - looking for a good replica (not QMX)

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by RobI, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RobI

RobI Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I've been on the hunt for a decent replica of River Song's Sonic Screwdriver. There is no way I could ever have afforded QMX's amazing version, so when it came out I didn't even try. I did some searching here and elsewhere and came up empty aside from the 'toy' Character Online versions for $20. Maybe they are OK, but for $20 I can't see it being of any appreciable quality. Anyone have a suggestion of where to get a decent one?

2. CharlesHouse

CharlesHouse Active Member

The same company that makes the sonic screwdriver most cosplayers use for 10 and 11 makes the toy you spoke of. Outside of spending considerably more, this is a solid option. What do you want from it that the toy doesn't have?

Cameron1138 likes this.
  3. kursosawa

kursosawa Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Anakin Starkiller was working on one, but I haven't heard of any updates on that project in a while. Other than that, I have yet to hear of any company making that particular sonic.

4. RobI

RobI Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was actually talking about spending considerably more. I have one of kursoawa's 11th sonic and it is beautiful. Considering getting a Rubbertoe since it is the cat's meow. I'm buying for a display collection, not a convention or fun toy (even though I do play...I mean...carefully test my high end props for functionality), but I appreciate the input.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard the same so I am keeping my eyes open.

5. SanHolo80

SanHolo80 New Member

There's this guy... ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  6. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wow! amazing work