Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --post 74-PAINTED UP!

Re: Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --SILICONE DONE.

first cast out. it has very small seam lines, but they can be sanded out very easily.

well it came out pretty damn good if you ask me. i can't wait to paint this up.
i'll end up doing a small run. i need to get some more resin though.

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

That turned out really great! I'm glad I could help with the reference. I'll be looking out for that Junkyard thread.

would you be able to look through the eyes at all? not sure how it was done in the film. i'd stray from the film and maybe put some lens in there to make it usbale no?

i really think you did an amazing job on this. like you get +100 points from me lol.

thank you for all the kudos!

That turned out really great! I'm glad I could help with the reference. I'll be looking out for that Junkyard thread.

thank you very much for the ref pics. it was a huge help. i'm excited you want to add mine to your collection!

would you be able to look through the eyes at all? not sure how it was done in the film. i'd stray from the film and maybe put some lens in there to make it usbale no?

i really think you did an amazing job on this. like you get +100 points from me lol.

so i can see slightly through the eyes. the holes are right in front of my eyes. but they are small and vision is VERY limited. you could easily cut the rest of the eye out and put lenses in.

unfortunately for you big guys, this might not fit. i sculpt for me, so things tend to be on the small side.
it is only 7 inches at it's widest. and 9 1/2 lengthwise.

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --1ST CAST OUT.

AWESOME work on all aspects of this helmet!

Those look really awesome! I would definetly be interested in one of these (depending on the price a little).

Wow, thats a tight fit- but it might still fit!

Any idea on how much you may be willing to sell an unpainted cast for?

I think i just might fit in that, if i squeeze my ears lol.

so im trying to find the rules about talking about sales. i cant find a thread.
are we allowed to talk about prices here?
or do i need to keep it to pms and the sale thread?

Re: Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --PAINTED UP!

alright here ya go!
i need to take some pics in daylight, the colors are a bit off in these pics.
This was my favorite paint up. i plan to paint a couple more.

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

holy nikes, that paint job looks wicked!! very much like your weathering paint style. very very cool. it's just an endless amount of options you can do with these babies.

thanks! since it is tribal art that is possibly finger painted, it made it really nice to not have to worry about super straight lines.

So i had my friend who's 6 foot put this on. the side measurements fit him ok without any ear scraping.
his head diameter is 23 1/2 inches.
but the front to back is too tight for him, plus the head heightwas a bit shallow. he could not see out the eye wholes at all. i had some foam in it for comfort, but it was only about a 1/4 inch thick.
sorry big guys. but, it might make a cool display piece. :)

so once again, the measurements are
7 inches wide.
9 1/2 inches long.

Last edited:
Man, im so glad i got this helmet, took a littel exacto knife tonight and cleaned it up further (defined the edges, eyes, etc)

Here's my test paint job in PS. black matte with white glow in the dark paint on the front. I'd like to ideally add a cooling fan in there since there's plenty of room near the mouth area and "maybe" cut out the eyes and add some mesh or black lenses. seriously, thank you for making this.

424206_10101341357760179_8817187_66966854_1863228672_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back