Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --post 74-PAINTED UP!

Wow, blast from the past. Every time i have thought about painting up a cast i had lying around, someone would buy it and i'd just sell it off. i still have only painted the one seen in this thread. i really should cast another one up to paint it.

You can still make more? I keep wanting to tackle another one to paint. they are incredibly fun. Are you able to cast them in black at all?

You can still make more? I keep wanting to tackle another one to paint. they are incredibly fun. Are you able to cast them in black at all?

yeah the mold is in great shape. as far as colored casts, i have been thinking about ordering some resin tints. it would be nice to have things cast in black.

anybody know if monstermakers monstercast takes tints well?

I'm keen depending on price. It's awesome seeing some love going to this movie

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

sent you a pm.

I finally put some padding in this baby and it's by far the most fun and comfortable helmet I've ever worn. If you can I'd love one in black for sure!

2lcv3p1.jpg

Really great helmet, very well done.:thumbsup I'd totally forgotten about this movie, it's been so long since I'd seen it. I thought it was a fun movie and the Rippers were great characters. I might have to add this to my never ending eventual to do list, although I might like to try making one out of wet formed leather just because.

well i sent monstermakers an email asking about tinting their PU resin. havent heard back yet, but i have a line on some smooth on tints i am going to buy if they will work. I dont want to order it though if the tint is going to jack up the cure.

thanks for the kudos Nightowl. i would def love to see someone else make a helmet.

so it's a go. monstermakers resin will tint with smooth on's so strong colorant. just ordered some. i should have looked into this sooner, i've always hated how MM resin is white. any paint scratches show too well.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back