Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --post 74-PAINTED UP!

By the dub, I just wanted to say again how awesome it DOES look!

Please don't think I'm being a snobby elitist jerk.

r

Re: Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl

By the dub, I just wanted to say again how awesome it DOES look!

Please don't think I'm being a snobby elitist jerk.

r

:lol i don't think you are being a snobby elitist jerk. i appreciate the critiques.

ok did some more work on it. i got some more pics from different angles, so now i have all the reference i need. i reworked the jaw line. made the eyes fall backwards more. and just reworking overall shapes.
worked a lot on the ears though it's probably not that noticable.
and spent a lot more time trying to get the symmetry correct.

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

This looks great!
I've always loved realistic anthropomorphic creatures and kangaroos and this movie was right up my ally.
I randomly search for things and finding this thread was a wonderful surprise. I look forward to seeing this progress!

well i was finally able to pull myself away from Skyrim to sculpt a little.

i think other than the smoothing this is done. let me know if you guys see anything i need to spend some time on.

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

i'm bumping this again to see if i can get some feedback. it got burried to the 3rd page in one day. thanks.

Re: Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --ALMOST DONE!

Out of curiosity why not make the eyes out of vacu-formed plastic (or similar) rather then making a cut out to see through?
This might not make it a 100% matching replica but I'd think it would be a small improvement.

Out of curiosity why not make the eyes out of vacu-formed plastic (or similar) rather then making a cut out to see through?
This might not make it a 100% matching replica but I'd think it would be a small improvement.

You could always cast it like this, then cut out the sculpted eyes and replace with something clear, but I'd leave the original sculpt like this.

yeah robert412 is right, if you wanted to do a lens then you would just have to cut out the rest of the eye. i was just following the screen used helmets.

although completely sculpting the eye might look nice if you didnt want to cut out the eye at all. i'll most likely leave it as is though.
thanks for the kudos. im still smoothing it out. trying to get it as much like glass as i can.

i will def be offering these up to anyone who wants one. i'm not sure on the price yet. gotta see how much resin these take up. they shouldn't be too expensive.

i am finnished with the smoothing. i am now just waiting on molding materials to come.

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

Looks good. :thumbsup Bet you caould have all kinds of fun doing custom paintjobs on this.

I must say that I also would like to get a hold of one of these to paint up.
Well done!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back