Revell first order AT-M6 walker mods

Frogfreak

Sr Member
Alright everyone! Today I bought a revell first order AT-M6 on sale for $7 and assembled it although it's still very nice I'm kinda tempted to modify to make it look nicer! (I've probably been hanging out on here a bit too much! :lol: ) anyway I want to know how I can mod this to look the best it can be! any help would be appreciated!
IMG_20190731_224222.jpg

What tools do you have? Having some lego pieces would be useful, the ones that are 2X2 square with a cicle thing with four studs in it which moves inside the square.

So it could work as hinges or the lego piece that has a swivel that it can change itself from 2X2 to 1X4 that would be another useful piece.

Head is movable. I'm thinking maybe a repaint cause the paint isn't great it's just one solid grey color. and extra detailing like a red visor in the head. Also wanting to know with the painting how I could make it look less plasticy.

If you do not want to paint it, you can use something like Testors dullcoat to tone down the shine and give a more matte appearance as well as making it look less plastic like. I have done that with a few pre-painted/molded in color kits, and then added my own weathering/washes

I generally prefer painting, but sometimes you just don't feel like it or in a few cases, it was a hard color to match and I did not want to risk screwing up the original color

Just make sure to mask off any view screens or glass type areas as those should remain shiny

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back