Return of the Jedi - Back in Theaters

Math?
No, not so good at it.

81RLTJYKBSL._AC_UL600_SR600,600_.jpg

Can anyone explain the science behind Star Wars cloning? If someone found the emperor’s DNA in his bathroom in the Death Star, why is his clone decomposing so badly? Shouldn’t the clone resemble the foppish Sheev seen in the prequels with his bouffant hair and sublime puffy velvet dresses that he apparently stole from Glinda the good witch? Unless his force electricity causes cancer or is a flesh eating virus, his inherent DNA should be fine.

And why even bother creating the Snoke clones? He has a deep dent in his head where he transmits radio waves, and has uneven eyes and nose. Why not create a relatively good looking clone in order to draw more followers? Did palpatine want an uglier puppet to draw attention off of him?

Why wouldn’t the Empire 2.0 spend more money and simply hire a better geneticist? Maybe one of those tall skinny dudes from Kamino? Maybe the more appropriate question is why did Disney make such terrible decisions and then double down for eps 9? Iger and Kennedy mismanaged the sequels to the point of devaluing Star Wars by producing the worst fan fiction. The author of fifty shades of gray has more writing talent than JJ and Rian. It takes a particular type of “talent” to accomplish that.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the science behind Star Wars cloning? If someone found the emperor’s DNA in his bathroom in the Death Star, why is his clone decomposing so badly? Shouldn’t the clone resemble the foppish Sheev seen in the prequels with his bouffant hair and sublime puffy velvet dresses that he apparently stole from Glinda the good witch? Unless his force electricity causes cancer or is a flesh eating virus, his inherent DNA should be fine.

And why even bother creating the Snoke clones? He has a deep dent in his head where he transmits radio waves, and has uneven eyes and nose. Why not create a relatively good looking clone in order to draw more followers? Did palpatine want an uglier puppet to draw attention off of him?

Why wouldn’t the Empire 2.0 spend more money and simply hire a better geneticist? Maybe one of those tall skinny dudes from Kamino? Maybe the more appropriate question is why did Disney make such terrible decisions and then double down for eps 9? Iger and Kennedy mismanaged the sequels to the point of devaluing Star Wars by producing the worst fan fiction. The author of fifty shades of gray has more writing talent than JJ and Rian. It takes a particular type of “talent” to accomplish that.

Don’t ask questions. Just consume product.

What I’ve read so far is, the dark side is so strong with him, the clone bodies don’t hold up long.

That’s why they are trying to learn now to inject medichlorians, they believe with that the clone body will last

But it just so happens rey and kylo where diodes in the force.. what every the hell that means.. and he sucked the life force out of them and restored his body

Pretty stupid and not thought out very well if you ask me

What I’ve read so far is, the dark side is so strong with him, the clone bodies don’t hold up long.

That’s why they are trying to learn now to inject medichlorians, they believe with that the clone body will last

But it just so happens rey and kylo where diodes in the force.. what every the hell that means.. and he sucked the life force out of them and restored his body

Pretty stupid and not thought out very well if you ask me

So midichlorians are essentially stem cells? Weird. Then the question for Disney is why Ray and Kylie needed to kiss each and pass their force essence to each other to allow the other to live when midichloridian stem cells would have worked.

So midichlorians are essentially stem cells? Weird. Then the question for Disney is why Ray and Kylie needed to kiss each and pass their force essence to each other to allow the other to live when midichloridian stem cells would have worked.
I was a hard core canon nut once Disney took over.. the EU went crazy after dark empire and I lost interest in most of the books and stories

There are some great ones out there still.. but I lost interest

Once Disney rebooted canon I went hard core again, buying and reading everything up to the last Jedi

I then stopped cold Turkey because of how screwed up things got.. and now I just find it hilarious where it’s all gone

I don’t want Star Wars anymore for enjoyment, I watch to laugh at how screwed up it’s become

But it just so happens rey and kylo where diodes in the force.. what every the hell that means.. and he sucked the life force out of them and restored his body…
Ok so this won’t really explain the wacky story of TROS (can anything?), but the term is “dyad,” and as far as I know it’s just a word that means “pair,” or “couple.” (Similar to triad for 3 or quad for 4.)

My guess is they just needed a word that sounded fancier than “force duo.”

Ok so this won’t really explain the wacky story of TROS (can anything?), but the term is “dyad,” and as far as I know it’s just a word that means “pair,” or “couple.” (Similar to triad for 3 or quad for 4.)

My guess is they just needed a word that sounded fancier than “force duo.”

A Dyad is a kind of psychic connection between two individuals strong in the Force. If it's not random then the Force chooses these individuals because they gotta perform some kind of destiny thing.

I certainly didn't mind that reference, it was used to good effect in the computer games KotOR 1 and 2. The issue was bringing the Emperor back in the first place. We all love the character, we all love the actor. But it's just the narrative of the sequel trilogy overall is a total mess. So while I love everything from a production point of view, I even like some scenes or some ideas that they did, they've all got good things in them that I like. But the story just lacked coherence. Oh great, they killed the Emperor (again) . But what's to stop him from coming back again as the bad guy in Episode 12? According to the logic of the sequels, nothing at all really.

A Dyad is a kind of psychic connection between two individuals strong in the Force. If it's not random then the Force chooses these individuals because they gotta perform some kind of destiny thing.

I certainly didn't mind that reference, it was used to good effect in the computer games KotOR 1 and 2. The issue was bringing the Emperor back in the first place. We all love the character, we all love the actor. But it's just the narrative of the sequel trilogy overall is a total mess. So while I love everything from a production point of view, I even like some scenes or some ideas that they did, they've all got good things in them that I like. But the story just lacked coherence. Oh great, they killed the Emperor (again) . But what's to stop him from coming back again as the bad guy in Episode 12? According to the logic of the sequels, nothing at all really.

(necro-post here)

So, Papa Palpatine wants Rey to kill him willingly, so his spirit (of all the Sith) can pass into her.

Jump to 10 minutes later, and she DOES kill him, willingly. But... his spirit does not pass into her because.... why? Why not? Because she is "All of the Jedi" and that helps to protect her?

(necro-post here)

So, Papa Palpatine wants Rey to kill him willingly, so his spirit (of all the Sith) can pass into her.

Jump to 10 minutes later, and she DOES kill him, willingly. But... his spirit does not pass into her because.... why? Why not? Because she is "All of the Jedi" and that helps to protect her?

Because hack writers and hack rewrites/reshoots.

(necro-post here)

I'm NOT defending the film at all, but MY understanding is, before he absorbed the dyad that was Rey & Ben, he needed her form to 'possess' for lack of a better term, but after, he had pretty much become whole again & was fine with staying in his 'new' body. Since he was past the thought of transferring to Rey & no longer prepared to do so, when she destroyed him it was body & essence, so to speak.

The biggest problem to me is that they relegated the past Star Wars comics and books into basically official fan fiction. Like what they were going to do with the movies was going to be so much better. I still haven't completely seen Rise of Skywalker yet. Only bits and pieces. But I have a feeling that most will take those Dark Empire comics and older books over these new sequels. I'm going to re-read them since I still have them in my collection.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back