RESEARCH: X-WING CONTROL STICK

Any suggestions what this piece on the top of the keyboard might be?

1650496808412.png

I thought initially it is just part of the background, but it moves with the rest of the keyboard when the guy moves the stick around.

And what about that yellow stuff at the bottom of the upper white button?
1650497108454.png

Does not look like the button itself is yellow, or is illuminated ... maybe it is a reflection of some yellow light in the cockpit or another of those yellow dot stickers? I can't quite decide myself ...

PS. this is how my build is shaping so far:

1650496379489.png

I'm not super happy with the light sensor bubbles, but will do until I stumble onto something better

I think that first one is 2 or 3 of the same item. There seems to be an extension or frame around where the calculator board sits, leaving two clear/white switch lenses, one with a yellow sticker on it?

I also think there's an extension board for the buttons and maybe it is like a half-frame around the right and top side of the keyboard (on top where those unidentified greeblies are).
I have 2 white buttons that are similar, but little smaller than the red one. For the test I put a yellow dot on one of them and taped them to the side:
1650501889076.png

tried to throw them out of focus :
1650501821196.png

I think it gets close to what we see on the screenshot , so there's a good chance that it was really a yellow dot ... maybe little bigger that the ones I have though.

I had the same thought about the white buttons. I've only got one white button cap at the moment. I like the extension idea, makes sense. The blurry stuff at the top I can't tell anything. Until we can turn up a reference photo from another angle it's going to really tough to identify.

This is what my keyboard looks like now, after adding the side extension. I'll probably repaint it with some more glossy black paint, but other than that - this is my final version unless some new discoveries are made.

1654196225389.png

The yellow dot that I thought might be on one of the white buttons turned out to be a reflection, because when I watched the whole sequence I saw it disappears when the angle is changed.

As it is impossible to tell what's on the top of the keyboard I've decided to add some very basic metal pieces , just to "acknowledge" that there's something there. I think of them as some sort of metal clamp that holds the keyboard attached to .. something.

To be accurate the extension should be attached lower than how I did it - so that the tops of the white buttons are more or less on the same level as the top of the bubbles. But this way looked better to me as a single unit . So I decided to sacrifice little screen accuracy for this - we don't have a good reference for that side of the board, so either way it won't be accurate anyway.

Hey guys, I was following this amazing thread for a 1/1 project, I wonder if the targeting computer was found, this camera used in the X and Y-wing..

Attachments

• imagen_2023-02-05_142841380.png
    imagen_2023-02-05_142841380.png
    386.2 KB · Views: 95
I have two things to add to this project.

1) the clear greeblie is also on a tool held by the medical droid, I think when he’s fixing a taun taun. It’s a gun shaped object and it’s on the side

2) the white rockers with a slot are found parts. I’m thinking they actually packed the hole and molded these for the regular rocker switches. I have yet to ID them though

Hey guys,
I'm posting here quickly as well as this might get more attention,
I have found the time to model my calculator today and match the refs in 3D to get an accurate size for the small top hat tubes and I will be machining a bunch of those tomorrow for those interested :)
final size is 12mm diameter and 13.5mm high

match_01.jpg

match_02.jpg

cheers :)

So the grey handle does move. Obviously the part on the bottom screws off but inside is the jettisons firing pin, that entire assembly comes out, and there is a spring loaded ball to help catch firing pin.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back