Unlimited Run Falcon targetting computer kits + Machined aluminium Michell replica greeblies

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello guys,

This is a thread to centralize all my Star Wars greeblies, mostly my replica Michell part as well as my new fluted knob replica :)

I am now a carrying quite a few Star Wars greeblies on my website and hope to be able to machine yet a few more in the future!
Don't hesitate to post for things you are really looking for so I can get more ideas if needed!

here is a recap of those parts I do now:

Michell Greeble 1, Fluid arm lowering handwheel,
used on the death star camera, death star sets, Millennium Falcon...
1675459403872.png

Michell Greeble 2, from the motor part of the turntable,
used on the death star camera, death star sets, Millennium Falcon...
1675459528446.png

Michell threaded cone, Stylus brush nut,
used on the death star sets, Hoth scanner, Vader reveal feed tubes, Death star interogation droid...
1675459664011.png

Michell greeble 3, speed control vane knob,
used on the Millennium Falcon, Death Star interogation droid...
1675459765185.png

1.25" fluted knob,
used on the Millennium Falcon and possibly more!
1675459825345.png

top hat tube greebly used on the falcon gun console (3? I think), X wing control panel (2), interogation droid (8 I think)
1678299277750.png

Full metal kit for the Falcon targetting display, with or without accurate vintage viewers, 85€ and 160€:
IMG_20230707_114202.jpg
IMG_20230824_182141.jpg

and, idealized or prop-accurate 1" lenses as well as engraved plexy targetting grids, 3.5€/4.5€ per button and 11€ for the targetting grid:
IMG_20231128_164732.jpg
IMG_20230922_141419.jpg

IMG_20230922_143951.jpg

here are some of Parts of Star Wars awesome parts breakdown, thank you so much guys for doing those, they are awesome!
243550529_4139837126138870_3498585004089511844_n.jpg

243658935_4136957179760198_1244621506358704968_n.jpg

318286817_444130341265756_3471660283463935448_n.jpg

some more refs!
1668027199275-png.png

1668027242844-png.png

1668027477196-png.png

dsc00348-jpg.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy and can build more cool stuff with those!
cheers

the usual fine prints:

How/Where to buy:

As usual, everything I sell can only be purchased on my website, supergreenprops.com:

Supergreen props - Handcrafted collectibles

I am obligated by the French law to edit an invoice for any money that goes into my bank account and the invoices have to be sequenced. The only way for me to handle that is through my website. It is easy for you, the website is fun and bilingual, it is perfectly secured and the payments completely handled by Paypal. You just need to register, enter your shipping address and the shipping costs will be calculated automatically. Make sure to enter your address as soon as you create your account as shipping costs are shown for France by default.

I know that some people might feel uncomfortable with a website, but please understand that I have no choice and that, even though there is a website, it’s still me, eethan/Matthieu, behind everything and you can reach out anytime for any question here or by mail contact@supergreenprops.com

I’ll always be happy to help or have a chat; really, you know I’m a friendly and talkative guy and love to talk about cool props, so, don’t hesitate!

Payment:

As explained above, I am obligated by the law to edit a sequenced invoice with all my sales, this goes exclusively through my website. The payments are completely handled by Paypal checkout, with buyer protection, and you can choose to pay directly with paypal, credit cards through Paypal (even if you don’t have a Paypal account), or even local payment options like iDeal, Sofort, Bancontact, Giropay, MyBank, P24, EPS... At no time will I have access to your payment information or bank details, never. When the order is paid, you’ll receive confirmations by mail for every step of the order and an invoice.

Shipping:

When you are logged in and have created an address, shipping costs are automatically calculated in your cart. There are two options, less than 3cm in thickness or more than 3cm. I encourage you to take the less than 3cm option when available as it is much cheaper and still tracked

All shipments are shipped with the French post service and tracked; you’ll receive the tracking number by mail when the package ships. It can be tracked directly on your local post website, usps, royal mail and so on. No need to use the French post website link included in the shipping notice mail if you are not in France. If you didn’t receive a tracking number, please check in your spam folder or don’t hesitate to contact me, it’s important to get it

Shipping time varies greatly and we all know it has been pretty unreliable lately, however, to give you an idea, it should usually take between 5 to 12 working days to get from France to the US, there can be some rare wild exceptions that I sadly can’t foresee, however, so far, I have never had a lost package, so fingers crossed, it continues that way!

Customs taxes:

All orders are shipped from France. If you are outside Europe, it is possible that your country collects customs taxes or fees, I can only let you know that this is a possibility and encourage you to know how your country deals with international packages and know if you have to pay taxes and how much they are. Please understand that this is out of my control.

Always eco-friendly whenever possible:

As I explain on my website, I try to be as eco-friendly as possible. I live and work in a farm in the south of France, I have all kind of animals around me and we try to respect nature as much as possible. We have a hedgehog in the garden and a lot of bees coming back lately, so hopefully things are taking a better turn!
This kind of work, let's be honest is not by definition eco-friendly since it's purely for our enjoyment and not something we all need to survive (or do we?). That being said, I do my best to always use recycled and recyclable shipping materials or even clean re-used materials sometimes. I also try to do as much as I can for the projects themselves.
By the way, the French post service that I’m using is 100% carbon neutral since 2012 that is only for France obviously, but that’s already something I guess

Last edited:
the next part I would like to offer is the Michell smooth sided cone nut, if anyone has basic dimentions for it, I would be very gratefull!
1675460265588.png

I would also like to do this part that is everywhere on the interogation droid and in the Millennium Falcon and am wondering if it has been identified since then or if I can just go from scratch and model it from the references :)
1675460399343.png

thank you all!

It was just pointed out to me by CantinaDude that apparently the fluted knob used on the Falcon have 4 flutes, not 3 like showed on the Parts of Star Wars parts breakdown. I'm not able to verify this so far on the photos I have, but please be aware of this, for now, the knobs on my website have 3 flutes!

It was just pointed out to me by CantinaDude that apparently the fluted knob used on the Falcon have 4 flutes, not 3 like showed on the Parts of Star Wars parts breakdown. I'm not able to verify this so far on the photos I have, but please be aware of this, for now, the knobs on my website have 3 flutes!
This is correct. It should be 4 flutes. Also note the set screw hole.
The one in the photo composite is my real 3 flute version. I haven't found a correct 4 flute one yet.
The knobs are also all over the X-wing dash in ANH.
Anyone else making Falcon yokes? I would love to see the rest of the add on parts made accurately in metal.
1675483815705.png

The little "top hat" shaped piece on the Interrogator droid was IDed by Jay TIEpilot. It's another Michell piece but I'm not sure on the exact location on the turntable.

This is correct. It should be 4 flutes. Also note the set screw hole.
The one in the photo composite is my real 3 flute version. I haven't found a correct 4 flute one yet.
The knobs are also all over the X-wing dash in ANH.
Anyone else making Falcon yokes? I would love to see the rest of the add on parts made accurately in metal.
View attachment 1666294
The little "top hat" shaped piece on the Interrogator droid was IDed by Jay TIEpilot. It's another Michell piece but I'm not sure on the exact location on the turntable.
thank you for the photo and intel.
damn, I wasted a full day of work with those parts! since I'm not sure of the interest, I don't even know if I'll redo 4 flutes knobs.

I'm going to check out the X wing thread again then, thank you :)
what other parts do you mean you would love to see made accurately in metal? with those small top hat piece, that should be all the parts done.

we also discovered with my client asking me to do those parts that the part identified as 2 below, seen twice on the back of the bottom viewer doesn't appear to be correct, the diameter being closer to 7/8" instead of 1". I'm just going to turn clean beveled cylinders for my customer except if this part is figured out or better photos are available showing clearly this is indeed the fluid arm lower section part.

243658935_4136957179760198_1244621506358704968_n.jpg

cheers

I can be convinced from these images below that the fluted knob has indeed 4 flutes and an indicator indent...

X-Wing_controlstickknob_01.jpg

X-Wing_controlstickknob_02.jpg

...But if it is actually a Michell knob then surely someone can find an image of a four-flute version online somewhere without resorting to blurry frame grabs. I've Googled for images and am coming up blank. Perhaps it's not a Michell knob. I'll be sticking with your very nice 3-fluted versions for now. If some day we figure out the 4-fluted version I'll 'upgrade' then...

And, yes - the two smaller knobs labeled "2" in the image above of the Falcon turret display cannot be the 1-inch diameter Michell fluid arm knobs/disks. I am making this prop replica and have the two proper slide viewers and the fluid arm disks (I have originals) do not fit to match the on-screen and production photo look of the set prop - they are too large. And as far as I can see from the screen grabs and production photos I do not see the holes in those disks as we see in the fluid arm pieces. I'm guessing they are some other vintage stereo component knobs that are a bit less than an inch in diameter.

Most importantly - thank you, eethan, for doing all this fantastic research and machining and for making these available for all of us! The parts you are making (I have several already for the Hoth scanner) are exquisite in craftsmanship - they are beautiful!

Dan

Thank you for the kind words Dan, also thank you for the pictures :)

I have just spent a looong time going through the 12 pages Xwing thread again, locating JayTiepilot on facebook and reading as many posts as possible there and finaly also finding that he is RBJ here! sorry for stalking you Jay! I'm not sure that part has been identified!
1675460399343-png.png

apparently, a shorter one, used on the TIE pilot has been found, but I'm not finding any definitive ID on that part used on the interogation droid, MF, Xwing...

except if anyone can help clearing this, I'll just model this part and match it to photos of the props since we have good references of this part.
any possible help is welcome :) thanks guys!

also, anyone that can also help me and provide some measurements for that part, i would be grateful, thank you very much!
1675460265588-png.png

we also discovered with my client asking me to do those parts that the part identified as 2 below, seen twice on the back of the bottom viewer doesn't appear to be correct, the diameter being closer to 7/8" instead of 1". I'm just going to turn clean beveled cylinders for my customer except if this part is figured out or better photos are available showing clearly this is indeed the fluid arm lower section part.
That part ID is correct.
You can see them a bit better in HD screencaps. I had this one handy.

1675595912951.png

what other parts do you mean you would love to see made accurately in metal? with those small top hat piece, that should be all the parts done.

I thought you were doing the Millennium Falcon steering yoke parts. There's a 4-fluted knob in the center of the Vickers Viscount yoke.
There are some unidentified parts on there, but I have good reference of them.

I can be convinced from these images below that the fluted knob has indeed 4 flutes and an indicator indent...

I've got good reference of the knobs and have never seen an indicator line on any of them - just the side set screw hole.

And, yes - the two smaller knobs labeled "2" in the image above of the Falcon turret display cannot be the 1-inch diameter Michell fluid arm knobs/disks. I am making this prop replica and have the two proper slide viewers and the fluid arm disks (I have originals) do not fit to match the on-screen and production photo look of the set prop - they are too large. And as far as I can see from the screen grabs and production photos I do not see the holes in those disks as we see in the fluid arm pieces. I'm guessing they are some other vintage stereo component knobs that are a bit less than an inch in diameter.
There are definitely the larger center holes visible and IMO two different size side holes visible as well that match the Michell piece.
See screen grab detail I posted above. The one on the right has the large side hole visible down at the bottom.

Here's where some of those metal parts ended up, probably.... A few things to note in the pics:-

The top-hat parts may be hollow all the way through, as you can see the light when the desk panel is activated.

The disc parts with the large centre indent, seen everywhere in ESB and here on the side of the Life Support Sys, are numerical possition indicator inserts for knobs/dials. The indent area is for a secondary knob - either fixed or for fine tuning.

Eleven x four fluted knobs makes this prop Life Support control box even more desirable than it should be....

Attachments

• 3637821.jpg
    3637821.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 3637841.jpg
    3637841.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 3637827.jpg
    3637827.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 3638146.jpg
    3638146.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 89
A couple more pics of the tophat part, from a while ago, comparing the screen droid and the exhibited droid. The base area of the screen droid's part could be a two part construct, as if the thicker dark part is an extra washer sat under a thin metal skirt which is part of the main tube.

Obviously open to interpretation there as an all in one recreation would solve it.

Attachments

• DroidPlugs2.jpg
    DroidPlugs2.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 86
  • DroidPlugs1.jpg
    DroidPlugs1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • 4kedit7127.jpg
    4kedit7127.jpg
    827 KB · Views: 88
  • 4kedit19901.jpg
    4kedit19901.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 86
Okay, well... Occam's Razor would indeed suggest the 1-inch Michell fluid arm pieces, I agree, but they just do not fit size-wise. I've mocked this up with correct-sized 3D prints of fluid arm pieces on the actual slide viewers:

falcon_gun_display_compare_01small.jpg

Here are ~85% size versions of the fluid arm pieces and they fit better:

falcon_gun_display_compare_02small.jpg

Still not perfect, but better.

I'm certainly open to better evidence that they are fluid arm disks, but for now I'm not convinced...

Dan

Thank you guys for the constructive discussion:)
Thank you so much Wavey for those cool photos! Very interesting.

Dan, your prototypes are super good examples and I would have to agree with you based on what we have so far.
I think the proportions of those parts are pretty different from the fluid arm parts. To me, they look even thinner than your 85% size, however they look taller. Like reduced in diameter compared to the fluid arm part, but at least the same height.

Cheers

I think the proportions of those parts are pretty different from the fluid arm parts. To me, they look even thinner than your 85% size, however they look taller. Like reduced in diameter compared to the fluid arm part, but at least the same height.

Yup, that's the conclusion I'm coming to based on the mock-up with the parts...

I think they were either: (1) some other Michell part; (2) some other vintage stereo knob of some kind; or (3) some special milled simple aluminum disk.

Dan

Yup, that's the conclusion I'm coming to based on the mock-up with the parts...

I think they were either: (1) some other Michell part; (2) some other vintage stereo knob of some kind; or (3) some special milled simple aluminum disk.

Dan
It would be really odd for them to be something else especially with the side holes.
Anyone mock up with correct colors/materials?
I'm pretty sure at least part of the "thin look" is the shiny metal reflecting the black boxes.
I'll look through my Michell pics some more and see if anything similar shows up.

Yeah, given all the other Michell parts I agree - the fluid arm bits are the natural first guess.

Will be fun to see where this goes…

Dan

In case this helps us figure out what knobs we're looking for, I did a quick and dirty photogrammetry scan of my slide viewers setup and then brought this into modo for projection with a screengrabbed background plate. With this I can model fit the knobs/cylinders to match what we see and then determine how big those really are:

The modo model fit cylinders are 1.795 cm in diameter. It turns out that I have some vintage Sears 8-track stereo component knobs that are 1.875 cm in diameter and they look great. I haven't cut the stems off these to actually mount but I think something like this is what we're looking for...

IMG_9274.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_9274.JPG
    IMG_9274.JPG
    468.8 KB · Views: 56
A couple more pics of the tophat part, from a while ago, comparing the screen droid and the exhibited droid. The base area of the screen droid's part could be a two part construct, as if the thicker dark part is an extra washer sat under a thin metal skirt which is part of the main tube.

Obviously open to interpretation there as an all in one recreation would solve it.

DroidPlugs2.jpg

4kedit19901.jpg

Definitely interested in these as well if/when you make them - I'd buy several myself...

Dan

yes, this is the next small part I want to offer! anyone have any idea on diameter? I'll be matching in 3D the part precisely, but the diameter is always a bit unsure without more parameters or size of parts next to it.
cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back