Interest RelicMaker's "CROSS of CORONADO" - 24K Gold-Plated Metal!!! NEW RUN!!!

SO excited to finally get my hands on one of these. "You know how long I've been looking for that? All my life." Any chance on getting an estimate turnaround time US shipping wise until I will actually get to finally hold this in my hands?

-Ash

I just received mine today and man, this thing is awesome in every way! A perfect addition to my Indy collection. Thanks so much!
Cross Coronado.png

I can't even begin to say how astonishingly perfect this piece is. My goodness! The craftsmanship is just astonishing. It has an incredible heft to it, the details are magnificent, I am just in awe of it. Thank you so much RelicMaker!!!!

You know how long I've been looking for that!?

One small question – – is there a tutorial somewhere on how best to string this smaller chain? I assume there's a certain pattern for screen accuracy?

I can't even begin to say how astonishingly perfect this piece is. My goodness! The craftsmanship is just astonishing. It has an incredible heft to it, the details are magnificent, I am just in awe of it. Thank you so much RelicMaker!!!!

You know how long I've been looking for that!?

One small question – – is there a tutorial somewhere on how best to string this smaller chain? I assume there's a certain pattern for screen accuracy?

Thanks! There was one a long time ago, but since got deleted. Here it is again!

Bend open the large jump-ring to release the chain from the Cross.
Take one of the two small wires that came with the small chain in the bag, and thread it through one end of the small chain.
Tie/twist it onto one end of the twisted-brass wire where the Rolo chain is fastened together.
Take the other small wire and thread it through the other end of the small chain and fashion it into a needle, so you can thread it through the Rolo chain. Don't twist it up too much, since you will be using this wire to secure it at the other end when finished.
You can stitch it while it is hanging on a nail, or you could also lay it on a table to do it as well.
Now you'll thread it through both strands of the Rolo chain where you are stitching them together. (See pics)
When you reach the other end of the chain, don't tie it off just yet, but do secure it to the other end a little.
Play around with the newly stitched together Rolo chain to make sure there is no slack in the small chain. You want it pretty tight, but don't pull on it too hard to where it may break.
When you feel that it is stitched nice and tight and won't come loose, tie/twist it using the second small wire onto the twisted-brass wire fastener.
Re-attach it to the cross using the large brass jump ring, and bend close with some pliers.
You now have a 100% screen-accurate Cross!

chain.jpg
coronado2.jpg

CrossChain1.jpg

CrossChain2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: RelicMaker's "CROSS of CORONADO" - 24K Gold-Plated Metal!!! NEW RUN!!!

Thank you!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!! :)

I've updated it a little more to better help with the process.

Here's a couple of more pics of it on the actual chain!

CrossChain1.jpg

CrossChain2.jpg

Last edited:
Received my cross today AND IT IS AMAZING!!! Great job Brenton!!! This was the very first replica I remember wanting to own as a kid after seeing Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade in theaters. Truly a work of art. Now just to figure out that chain looping thing to completely finish it off properly.

Thanks Again!

-Ash

Thank you for the updated pics! This is really going to help. Hopefully I can get this done today. If not sometime later this week. I really cannot stress enough just how incredible this piece is. Certainly stands among the most incredible pieces I own. It's got me giddy as a school boy! ;)

Having a little difficulty getting started. I'm sure once I get the pattern going it's easy, but I've done a few links and it doesn't look the same aa the reference photos.

I pulled the chain off entirely when I noticed one side of the rolo chain has one link and the other two links attached to the wire link. Should I start on one side over the other? That would effect how the chain links offset from one another as I stitch them together, wouldn't it?

IMG_4430.JPG

Edit:

Aha! This is starting to look right.
IMG_4431.JPG

Last edited:
Having a little difficulty getting started. I'm sure once I get the pattern going it's easy, but I've done a few links and it doesn't look the same aa the reference photos.

I pulled the chain off entirely when I noticed one side of the rolo chain has one link and the other two links attached to the wire link. Should I start on one side over the other? That would effect how the chain links offset from one another as I stitch them together, wouldn't it?

View attachment 760111

Edit:

Aha! This is starting to look right.
View attachment 760112

Yes, I would start on the side with two links.

You could also, open up the single Rolo link on the other end and take it off the 'twisted wire'. Then hang it straight down on a nail on the wall. This way, you won't have to worry about the chain getting twisted up.
When you get to the end, reattach the Rolo Chain back onto the 'twisted wire', and secure everything up.

Great! Thank you!

I can certainly understand why this is an optional DIY upgrade. What a pain-- I can't blame you for not wanting to do them. Very pleased with how it turned out though. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back