Rattlesnake - Kyra Rattler Revisit

Great Googly Moogly! I'm starting to think I have a stunt bio cause all this damn thing knows how to do is take a fall. It's round two! Me versus the bio. It fell once again but this time with a combo of aves fixit sculpt and bondo holding it up. I even scored the back of the bio so it would have something to grip. It lasted about and hour. At least the hot glue held all night!

What the frig?! Luckily it didn't break or even chip paint.

I do know one thing however. I will not loose this battle! I'm now forced to come up with my own custom bio wall stand. I've got some ideas to hash out but I'm going to figure out a way to get this thing on the wall permanently!

I was re-reading this thread today and realized I never really explained the "key hole" look. Even though I had come up with one early in the process. So here you go. As simple as it is.

It's an intake. Instead of lugging around home world air with all it's attachments the system takes in standard oxygen and enriches it for the Preds benifit.

Though I still added the hoses for the trophy wall. Hope this helps all these months later. lol

You did a phenomenal job on that bio man. That is an awesome look! Your fortune is just like mine though; it seems like most things I put all of my effort into have some major incidents or mishaps along the way, but hey it builds character!

How did you solve the hanging issue?

How did you solve the hanging issue?

Weeell, I didn't. lol After two drops from seven foot up I didn't have the heart to try and hang it another time. I did try to make a wall hanger but that didn't turn out so well. It's just setting around the mans room at the moment. I'm working up to a few more pred projects and hanging the bio once and for all may be one of them.

Rattlesnake 2.0
Updating The Original​

Something that I always hated about my original was that it weighed a ton. Well, about double the standard helmet due to the corrections and additional details I'd added. I wanted a more wearable version or at least one that I could eventually use on a display head. Around this time a few lair members had shown some interest and it seemed like the perfect opportunity for an update.

Before I jump head long into the molding and casting process I plan to make a few changes. Most will be minor corrections while other bits will get a complete makeover. Sadly, my original helmet will have to be sacrificed to do so. Over the next couple weeks set back and enjoy as I tare apart my helmet to make it better than before.

apart.jpg
First, I'll take it apart and then I'll start redoing some of the details. Stay tuned for more . . .​

apart.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back