Revisiting The Open Mouth P2.

Usurper

It feels like yeeeeeeeeears since i painted one of these masks. So i was kind of happy when i did a trade with someone, and they stated they would like a P2 open mouth.

I painted this yesterday, and just have a few minor tweaks and the mouth to do now.

I am hoping this trade kick starts my pred mojo again as i simply have not had the urge to paint or sculpt preds for the past 2 months now, which is very very rare for me.

anyway.

pics so far.

cheers
Lee.

krp21.jpg

krp22.jpg

looking great there mate.hope its a good trade for you,and bet they will be very happy with this mask(i would) lol.

I always enjoy seeing pictures of your work Lee...it is truly spectacular to behold. Thanks for putting this up and I do hope you get that mojo back to where is has been in the past...

Steve

P.S. I actually agree with ptgreek...it doesn't look like it has really left.

I think you dont need to look at reference anymore, every time you paint a p2 its so perfect, that i think you do it automatically, its just awesome the detail you put in to your mask, from sculpting them to painting and finishh them

Yep mojo is back paintup is sick once again. What happened to that elder you was sculpting?

The elder is still sat here, i still have not finished the fine detailing on the leg sculpt, so mot moulded and not reclaimed the clay to carry on with the elder.

sigh.

meh.

whatever.

thanks again :)

Of course as always it's beautiful so far and I like the vein on the mouth can't wait to see it finished.
I know what you mean by not wanting to paint and sculpt, sometimes a break is a good thing :)

Because when you come back to it you love it even more

Decided to paint up a closed mouh version in the next week or so, need to try get the love back , as i seriously do not feel it right now.

oddness, but i guess after 7 yrs of the pred hobby and making stuff for nearly 6, ive hit a wall of some kind.

Lee, it is understandable...don't get down about it. Another focus like the Judge Dredd you are working on may be just the thing that will keep you going. Mix it up and go for some new things and in time, who knows, that mojo for preds may return. Your work, no matter what it is on, will always reflect the skills and talents you clearly possess. You are good at this, that much is clear, you just may need something different to work on for awhile.

Steve

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back