Rattlesnake - Kyra Rattler Revisit

So here it is! The complete bio I've come to call the Rattlesnake Variant. For my very first custom bio I have to say I really did enjoy making it. Nothing was ever all that frustrating. I got a kick out of wrapping my mind around the concepts and construction of the piece. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. I can’t wait to hang it on my wall. I ask that you please leave feedback whether it’s positive, negative or in between.

Last edited:
Im loving it. The cuts on the side and crown area is nicely down and the paint is awesome.
How did you paint the bio btw?

And did you mold the "P1" by yourself or used a cast? The eyes are the same to one another, unlike all the other P1's.

Im loving it. The cuts on the side and crown area is nicely down and the paint is awesome.
How did you paint the bio btw?

And did you mold the "P1" by yourself or used a cast? The eyes are the same to one another, unlike all the other P1's.

The bios and older P1 originally sculpted by Hez. It was a casting he did when trying out different types of resin. I bought it on the cheap and redone a lot of the lines to even it out. The paint itself was a combination of different techniques used here at the lair. One being the spray paint method and the other being sponging. I simply overlapped the two to get the final look.

Weeeeell, fan-damn-tastic! I just laid my head down for the night and hear a massive thud. I'll give you one freaking guess what it was. My bio of course! Oh yeah, yup, uh-huh, that's got me written aaaall over it. My hot glue and chain hanging idea worked out really well I must say. I guess the hot glue pulled loose from the inside of the bio and bam. It fell smack into the metal armrest of my futon. It's now snapped off on the tri-laser side and barely hanging on the other.

I am flat out disgusted! I don't even want to look at it! A month of hard work just stupid ass ruined!

You have my condolences. :D

That being said, take a look at the positives for a moment. With this thread (and bio) you made some friends, gave people inspiration and got a kick ass avatar. I know it's not a lot of consolation but I know how you feel.

Oh man. I wish you'd asked me what would adhere to the resin well enough to hang it! I trust hot glue to keep the lenses in and that's about it.

The good news is, it should still be fixable. I've done the same thing to a Scar bio that lost its magnet and broke clean in half on either side of the eyes. Try fitting it back together. Unless its in several pieces, it should go back with barely a hairline crack. Use some superglue as a temporary hold in the cracks. Then sand it down a little with a rough grit sandpaper on the inside. Mix up some bondo, and slap that stuff all over the cracks. My bio has been like that for months now without problems.

I hope you fix it because it looks ace...you did a great job of customising it.

It’s fixable I guess. It just disgusted me to the point that I didn’t care to think about it for a while. I took a day or two to calm down and I’m now working on it. It should be alright really. The crack won’t even show when I’m done. It was just the idea of being thrown two or three steps back after all that work. I’ll keep you all updated.

Here it is after the break. I got lucky it seems. You can't tell where the break was at all. I still need to do some minor touch up on the paint but not much else.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back