Qc ssr at-st

Im so glad this thread is still go on,thanks Qc for sharing the ste by step build,you AT-ST look stunning and love your display base:thumbsup

Damn fine work, Q. Glad you finished 'er up. You're probably the most exacting studio scale builder I know. You engineers, I gotta say.... a different breed ;)

Hi Qc,

Incredible build~:thumbsup

Do you also consider the naked version as my AT-ST? because your build is so clean...:)

thanks Eric.

Quincy! Hows the family? Glad to see you finish this build, now just don't take three years to paint it! Missed you at Wonderfest last year. Were you there?

Work is still work!

Hi Qc,

Incredible build~:thumbsup

Do you also consider the naked version as my AT-ST? because your build is so clean...:)

thanks Eric.

Eric!
I totally forgot and am ashamed.
You snuck your chicken build in there soooo fast. You DID finish yours imo. That would make me the seventh. My apologies.

It looks great Quincy! I love your snow base too. That's a nice touch. Realistic, like your choice to go symmetrical with the build. I'm hoping to make a version symmetrical like this too, eventually. Love it!!!

appreciate all the kind words guys. took a while, but really enjoy building this little guy. this was my first studio scale and think its a bit more complicated than the other models i hope to complete in the future...so here's hoping the rest of them won't take me three years.

robert-family is great thanks. biggest reason this took 3 years!, lol. but worth it. and i was at WF...can't remember exactly, but pretty sure we talked for a little bit. you can usually find me in the contest room standing around.

Great work Quincy,very clean.I started my build,just have the DV tie feet cut so far.I just hope I don't take longer on my build.:lol

Dave

Awesome Q ! She's very sexy unpainted but cant wait to see what you'll do with the paintjob ! Looks like I have to wait some time ! :facepalm

The base is also a great piece of craftmanship, kudos ! :thumbsup

Allen -- great to hear from you. Def'ly fond memories of working back and forth with you. Enjoyed that very much. Miss seeing your work around here!

Julien -- I'm assuming you're joking. I enjoy the finishing stage of a model but am WAYYYY rusty and honestly nervous with that facet. I'll try to get plenty of practice on dummy models before I try my hand back on the AT-ST. Appreciate the words

Absolutely amazing build! You've inspired me. Now if I can just get a SS kit to build :lol:facepalmI can start on the path to your level.

Last edited:
I need to announce that the drawing which provides the information on how to create the armature is available at SSM:
ESB ATST Armature, Base Plans & Kit List
The drawing also includes a kit list along with some help on creating the head.

Several bothans died...ahem, I mean several guys worked very hard to create that single sheet of paper. Remember to give thanks to them next Thanksgiving.

Mate just seen this over there and replied

This is one outstanding drawing and for someone like me that has been sifting thru what seems like thousands of kit part pictures trying to find parts this is a gold mine. It also shows what sort of person Quincy must be to publicly share this drawing and its people like this that makes this hobby so great, thanks Quincy and all that helped.

TBH, I get a little uneasy when I'm thanked for this drawing. I feel like a fortunate secretary to the team that went towards creating the drawing. The team I worked with on this project are noted and 95% of the thanks should go to them. There were earlier "grandfathers" and then later "cousins" who were part of the creative family also.

Hope everyone realizes this project was carried on several sets of shoulders.

That being said, this armature has went through three runs (I believe) by three different individuals. To my knowledge, no monetary profit has come from these runs -- and SHOULDN'T going forward. IMO, it would be akin to recasting (ie profitting, yet not contributing significantly to it's creation).

**steps off soapbox**

Last edited:
Thanks for the drawings! (you're build turned out excellent)

This is may seem like a dumb question, but what scale is a studio scale ESB AT-ST generally considered to be?

I've been wanting to scratch one to accompany some Revell AT-ATs that I have in a diorama and these will help out a lot.

So as far a scaling this down to match, what can I reasonably use as a starting point...1/24? 1/16? something else. I know there is much debate over the scale of most studio models and I don't mean to hijack the thread, just looking for a ballpark figure.

Thanks for the drawings! (you're build turned out excellent)

This is may seem like a dumb question, but what scale is a studio scale ESB AT-ST generally considered to be?

I've been wanting to scratch one to accompany some Revell AT-ATs that I have in a diorama and these will help out a lot.

So as far a scaling this down to match, what can I reasonably use as a starting point...1/24? 1/16? something else. I know there is much debate over the scale of most studio models and I don't mean to hijack the thread, just looking for a ballpark figure.

good that you know that "studio scale" isn't a typical mathematical scale (for starters). but I see the target you're chasing. in order to create my base and provide the snow drifts, i needed a reference point on how big i thought the walker would be in "realworld". while creating the drawing i messed around with how big i thought a person would be to (somewhat) comfortably work in the cabin/head of the walker, along with the reference of size we see in ROTJ. after chasing that math, i came to the conclusion the walker would be around around 36' tall. this assumes the legs are in a similar pose as i've posed my walker (since some ppl pose there's in a more vertical/taller stance). take all that with a huge grain of salt.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back