Qc ssr at-st

Ahhh the old drug me and steal my walker scenario eh :lol.

Guy go for it, there is so much knowledge out there now to scratch a VERY authentic armature, and i think there are only a couple of parts not found, that do not detract from the models aesthetic in any way.

Its a very fun model to do, and although mine was the Guinea pig build, i love it to bits.

Cant wait to see you paint her Q, did you decide what you were doing with the C600 rails? I recall you wanted to fully finish the legs rather than leave them blank like the prop.

lee

Guy, even if you can't man-up and knock Lee over the head for his walker, perhaps you can just ask him. You prob don't get much luckier to have him "next door" to walk ya thru your build (should you build it). And even if Lee was the guinea pig, its really hard to pick on any of his build. Still kinda astounded that he popped his out that quickly once the ball got rolling.

Lee, not follwoign the rails/leg comment, but perhaps you're speaking about the "hero side" = canon look. I AM going to finish both sides of my walker as if they both were ready for film (no nakedness on his starboard side). Remind me, if thats not what you were speaking about.

Whats the point..
drug Lee and take his!!....you can spend your time on better things!

another option -- i know there are WAY more armatures out there that are gathering dust. perhaps you can sweet talk somebody?

Seriously though, drawings are available for the armature if you want to go that route (happy to send your way). Can help you with the hardware and such too if needed.

Thanks Q mate, I will take you up on this, even if I make a rigid version it will help me know end.

Screaaaaaammmmmming Baaaaaaabbbbbyyyyy,,,,,back soon

Guy, even if you can't man-up and knock Lee over the head for his walker, perhaps you can just ask him. You prob don't get much luckier to have him "next door" to walk ya thru your build (should you build it). And even if Lee was the guinea pig, its really hard to pick on any of his build. Still kinda astounded that he popped his out that quickly once the ball got rolling.

Lee, not follwoign the rails/leg comment, but perhaps you're speaking about the "hero side" = canon look. I AM going to finish both sides of my walker as if they both were ready for film (no nakedness on his starboard side). Remind me, if thats not what you were speaking about.

Yes Q, thats what i meant, be interesting to see it with both sides fully fitted up.

Guy yeah, see if you can bag an armature, they must be around holding down papers in the wind or something...surely?

lee

I may do mate, Junk yard I thinks to start, unless Kevin makes someone a widow soon with Armature shaped skull fractures.

I must have a varied selection of parts already, well some of em anyway, I've already got a good "Head" Start ;)

I'm going to do some part diggin over the weekend and see what I can turn up

I may do mate, Junk yard I thinks to start, unless Kevin makes someone a widow soon with Armature shaped skull fractures.

The old girl might just weep for me, for a minute or two, right before dumping everything under our eaves and in my shop onto ebay.

Sealabs and Porsches for everyone!

Cant wait to see you paint her Q, did you decide what you were doing with the C600 rails? I recall you wanted to fully finish the legs rather than leave them blank like the prop.

lee

if you feel this build has taken forever, you may wait even longer on the painting. its been probably 4-5 years since i've had AB in hand. Was considering getting several of my SS model projects done, practice some painting on some guinea pig "civilian" kits, then come back to the SS models.

So I may finish it, but I probably won't even prime it. I'm holding out for luck -- maybe one of the "undiscovered" donor parts will be figured while I'm trying to build the PD pods or something. Won't prime or paint until the last minute of doing all the other construction work.

Quincy thats not a bad idea, your in no rush, those parts may yet raise a head...hell maybe Guy will bag them?

Guy, good show man, "might" be able to help on the C600, did have a set of spare unused rails....if i could find them lol, yeah i know, pricey kit, and i cant recall where i put the chassis parts i had spare lol.

lee

I won't make promises until I get over a project I'm in and some real life situations but I'll also help out with castings of rare donor parts. I'll be making some for my build anyway. I've got everything except the Entex and B-29. The B-29 isn't rare, I've just been lazy to buy it.

Now back to Q's awesome build.

Joe

Nice progress being made on this Quincy. It's good to see new info in each build that you guys post. All of those extra bits of styrene and mounting points are things I've been curious about and you've documented them well. Thanks!

lot of my mounting approaches try to tackle problems with allignment (you can adjust magnet connections...but not so much once glued) along with painting (there's lots of sweet undercuts through out this build).

That is looking fantastic! So, when you gonna bring it into work and show me?!?:love Those ten minutes a night have really added up!

a little work on the tubes/wires..

P1040850-vi.jpg

P1040857-vi.jpg

P1040865-vi.jpg

P1040866-vi.jpg

P1040869-vi.jpg

P1040873-vi.jpg

P1040875-vi.jpg

P1040876-vi.jpg

hadn't seen a lot of documentation on how all these tubes interact and land onto the model, this was my best interpretation. in staying with the SS spirit, all donor pieces were from kits that have previously already donated to this model.

OHHH..
almost forgot. i hear from good sources that there will likely be a THIRD run of armatures for this SS model. details are being hammered out, drawings being reviewed, and machinists being sought after. if i hear more about it, i'll point all towards the interest thread in the JY.

NIce timing! If it's MOAR AKKURAT I may bite, since I haven't yet glued my bits and bobs to my v2 armature yet.

PS. You're the devil.

Heh, not putting much detail into it are you??? :lol

Actually, Q, it's looking freakin fantastic! I wish I had your skills to say the least!

thanks robert.
seeing the light at the end of the tunnel it seems. will start work on the legs sometime soon, having a couple parts cast currently, then after that, off to the paint booth. this model has taken way too long TBH, but i've had fun along the way.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back