Project Stargate SG1:10

The integration of electronics into the structure is gradually progressing.

SG-PHOTO-021.jpg

Im secretly very envious and annoyed this looks soooooo goook! :p
Genuinely amazing work.
It is entirely possible after i build my cnc machine. i MAY have to "borrow" your idea of making the gears in metal and redesign my stargate entirely :p
Good idea or not, it's still relatively expensive to do. :unsure:
And there's a lot of fine-tuning to be done to get it right. o_O
I also had to build a lot of mechanical prototypes. o_O

heheh its still great work... I toyed with the idea of a lazy sue styled bearing setup but i just felt there was no way I could get the delrin ring gear I made to work with it... Also discovered at the time. My ring isnt perfectly round. On account that my laser cutter wasnt quite properly calibrated D: was a little off in the Y.

And yeah sure its not cheap. But if i have my own CNC i can at least just by my own plates and cut it myself rather than going to a service to do it at more cost.

Hmm maybe metal gear with needle bearings on the inside :D

heheh its still great work... I toyed with the idea of a lazy sue styled bearing setup but i just felt there was no way I could get the delrin ring gear I made to work with it... Also discovered at the time. My ring isnt perfectly round. On account that my laser cutter wasnt quite properly calibrated D: was a little off in the Y.

And yeah sure its not cheap. But if i have my own CNC i can at least just by my own plates and cut it myself rather than going to a service to do it at more cost.

Hmm maybe metal gear with needle bearings on the inside :D
In any case, you need bearings.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back