Interest Pirates of the Carribean: New run of Aztec Gold Coins (24k gold plated metal coins)

They look amazing and I really love how the details pop more on this version.
Please sign me up if you ever do another run like that or someone falls through on this run.

It's really nice. I think the darker low spots does most of it. I though a bit about it as I like the sharp look but i'll stick to the gold plated one and will wait for your test with the dark aging on them as i think this will look very nice as well :)

They look amazing and I really love how the details pop more on this version.
Please sign me up if you ever do another run like that or someone falls through on this run.
If you like that look: just see if you can get your hands on the game set (you can find them on eBay for €40 or €50. Just look for "pirates of the caribbean 3 in 1 games"), take the gold-colored coins and polish them up with brasso. Done!

It's really nice. I think the darker low spots does most of it. I though a bit about it as I like the sharp look but i'll stick to the gold plated one and will wait for your test with the dark aging on them as i think this will look very nice as well :)
No problem. Once they are off to the gold-plater, option for the polished ones are gone, though... Only choice after that is: having the brown wash on them or not.

But as said before: I see these game sets are still available on eBay. So you can always snap up a set there and polish up the gold coins yourself. It will take a while to get to a shiny finish, bot you'll have 12 coins then (for the price of the game set).

If you like that look: just see if you can get your hands on the game set (you can find them on eBay for €40 or €50. Just look for "pirates of the caribbean 3 in 1 games"), take the gold-colored coins and polish them up with brasso. Done!
Wow thanks for the heads up man. I’ll definitely do that.

I will stick with the gold-plated version myself please, maybe adding the brown wash you mentioned on the first page if you're still thinking about trying that out

I will stick with the gold-plated version myself please, maybe adding the brown wash you mentioned on the first page if you're still thinking about trying that out
Yep, I will defenitely try this out and will post pics of the result, so people can decide to have it or not.

Little non-update: I destroyed my dremel-tool today. :rolleyes: Will go get a new one this weekend, so I can drill the holes beginning next week and hopefully still ship them to the gold plater next week...

I will swap to the budget coin, thanks.
No problem. I'll keep 2 of them just polished for myself too.

If other people want a budget version (so €35 instead of €70, but just polished to a shine and no gold-plating) , please let me know soon, because once they are on their way to the goldplater, it's not an option anymore.

The budget ones can be shipped out next week already.

Another picture of the 2 coins I polished for mysef:

Dsc_0256[1].jpg

Last edited:
I am still good for the gold-plated version, and definitely interested to see what your weathering option looks like!

Some people dropped out of the int list. So everybody who expressed interest (also from the backup list) can have one of these.

BTW, for those people who are going to give it a try polishing some of the gold-colored coins themselves: be carefull, because the gold is just a layer on a metal coin. When drilling the holes it was pretty clear that the inside is a silver-colored metal. So rubbing / polishing it too hard will get the complete gold layer off, leaving you with a silver-colored coin.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back