Phalanx Close-In Weapon System 1/9 Scale

A few details and grab handles for the radome. One can go nuts and start fabricating the intricate detail, as you may see on some close up pics of the Phalanx, but this is good enough for me.

IMG_1043.jpg

TazMan2000

I tend to agree with Attirex on that one...seems to me that a piece like that would be interesting in your living room...if I was divorced:lol:

Thanks.

I can't believe that for over 2 years since I started this thread that the title had "Weapom System" instead of "Weapon System". I'm also surprised nobody ever pointed it out.

TazMan2000

A test print and placement of the ammo chutes. They're extremely flimsy, with this Elegoo ABS-like resin, unlike the regular Elegoo resin. I had to place them uncured as they are much more flexible, but tiny pieces broke off. In the future I will print them with black resin, which has a matte texture and won't require paint.

IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1055.jpg
IMG_1056.jpg

TazMan2000

Thanks again guys.

A first coat of primer applied...noting where the scratches, seams and 3D artifacts that need to get fixed. I was getting sick of seeing it multi-coloured. The sandpaper anti-slip coating turned out better than I thought, even though you can't really see it well in the photo.

IMG_1064.jpg

TazMan2000

This project still makes me hard - maybe because the real deal does too...

Thanks.
Yeah. Definitely a cool weapon. I had to wait until technology (large resin 3D printer) was available to do this justice. If I started designing this today, it would have been much more accurate.

TazMan2000

If my math is correct, that is a 133-foot model (meters?)..

With probably at least SIX Phalanx mounts!

According to Wikipedia, The Big E is 1123 feet when she was decommissioned. I calculate 1/9 at 124.7 feet...which would save a quite a few months printing time.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back