Obi-Wan AOTC Lightsaber, chromed resin or aluminum

Wells

Hey, I've seen a few posts on this but not many recently so I'm not sure what the most up to date consensus is.

Is Obi's Episode 2 main belt hanger hilt chromed resin or is it an aluminium?

Ta.

Last edited:
Hey, I've seen a few posts on this but not many recently so not sure what the most ip to date consensus is.

Is Obi's Episode 2 hilt chromed resin or is it an aluminium hilt.... or a mix of the 2?

What I've read on here Ewan favoured the chrome resin stunt version and wore it 99% of the time, and the aluminium hero version was for publicity photos (see below). Is this correct?

Ta.
My thoughts are that this one looks like it could be the aluminum. If it was chromed, it'd look a bit more bubblier - but with those reflections, you can kind of see the directional lines from machining

It's a chromed resin cast of the TPM hilt with painted black parts and buttons. Aluminum by itself cannot be chromed but has to be copper plated to be chromed. This is why most chrome replicas that are around like KR's chromed sabers, are machined out of solid brass. The whole point of Ewens Ep 2 variant, was to be lighter on his belt for action sequences

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back