Nor Cal prop party, Saturday, November 2, 2013

starbuc

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Northern California prop party, Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013, at the Marin Rod and Gun Club - 2675 East Francisco Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901.

As we are one week away from the Nor Cal Prop Party, we wanted to reiterate some basic rules for attendance:

1. Open to all RPF and TPZ board members in good standing;

2. This is a family friendly event. All children in attendance must be supervised at all times. This is an absolute;

3. Only credentialed Law Enforcement Officers may bring live movie prop firearm weapons. They must be zip-tied and secured at all times. No live ammunition of any kind may be brought into the event. If you are not LEO, please leave the live firearms at home. And NO DDs;

4. Any other types of weapons that are real steel must be secured at all times (especially if children are in attendance);

5. Food may be brought into the event. There will also be a snack bar in operation on-site;

6. Regarding beverages at the event; the location we have rented will have beverages on-site for PURCHASE by the prop party attendees. We would ask that alcohol not be consumed at the event, especially if children are present. As a note, the bar at the Club is in a separate area from the hall where we will be set-up;

7. There is NO SMOKING in the facility. Smokers may light-up in a designated area outside;

8. NO PETS, please;

9. We expect all in attendance to comport themselves in an adult-like manner. No horseplay or nonsense of any kind will be tolerated. Anyone who cannot behave accordingly will be invited to leave the facility.

Apologies for all the rules, but we want to leave the operators of the facility with a good impression of us and our hobby in the hopes that this prop party may grow to become a regular event there.

See you all on Saturday, November 2nd.

HOURS WILL BE 10AM to 5PM INCLUDING SET-UP AND TEAR-DOWN. Tables (8') and chairs will be provided.

We would like to hear from all who are serious about being there to share in the fun. Please state your preference of date ASAP. Please DO NOT contact the Rod and Gun Club directly.

The event will be hosted by a local prop collector who has graciously stepped-up to make this happen. There will be a small donation requested to help defray the cost of the hall rental.

Questions; please send a PM to me or Docholl.
Thanks!

Terry

Last edited:
re: Nor Cal prop party this fall (2013). Any interest?

UPDATE ON PARKING AT THE FACILITY:

Upon entering the parking lot, please drive towards the back of the facility to park. There will be some signage directing you to your location (at least that is the plan).

THE STAGE IS SET FOR THE SPECTACLE THAT IS ABOUT TO UNFOLD.

SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW, 11/02!!!!!

PS; There will be some movie swag give-a-ways throughout the day.

Last edited:

Thanks for the offer of help David. Will be in contact with you.

Terry

Wow, no love for Nor Cal?
88 views and only 2 people intersted? Is it the time frame?
The location?
Just no interest in prop partys anymore?

Terry

Excellent idea to reach-out to those folks. Let me know if you want some help.

David

or maybe the 85 people that viewed this thread dont live in nor cal......

not many people check out the conventions and prop party forum...it seems to be the slowest forum....

you may want to contact these members to see if they are interested.....

http://www.therpf.com/f68/2012-nor-cal-prop-party-oct-6-canceled-156638/index3.html

http://www.therpf.com/f68/2012-nor-cal-prop-party-137675/index3.html

or maybe the 85 people that viewed this thread dont live in nor cal......

not many people check out the conventions and prop party forum...it seems to be the slowest forum....

you may want to contact these members to see if they are interested.....

http://www.therpf.com/f68/2012-nor-cal-prop-party-oct-6-canceled-156638/index3.html

http://www.therpf.com/f68/2012-nor-cal-prop-party-137675/index3.html

Good idea.
Thanks!!

I'm near SLO which generally puts me equi-distant from events in the LA Basin or Bay Area.

We had a SoCal meet about 18 months ago that was quite well attended; amazed that with the proximity to ILM, M5, etc. that there's not a slew of folks wanting a NorCal event.

Regardless, I'm interested.

I'm in. I thoroughly enjoyed the ones in San Jose over the years. Met lots of great folks, saw some amazing props. Maybe rent an Elks' Lodge, YMCA, something? Charge a small fee to cover rental. Maybe someone has a hookup for a comp facility.

I am very interested

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the interest so far. An update on location and dates is coming soon!

The date range will be late September through early November. The tentative location will be in Marin County. More details should be forth-coming by weeks-end. Thanks to all who have expressed an interest so far. Please keep checking-back on a regular basis.

UPDATE! DATE HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

LOCATION - Marin Rod and Gun Club - 2675 East Francisco Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901

Marin Rod & Gun Club - Home Page

DATE - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 2nd 2013

We will have the run of the entire main hall. Snack Bar and Beverages will be available on-site. HOURS WILL BE 10AM to 5PM INCLUDING SET-UP AND TEAR-DOWN. Tables (8') and chairs will be provided. More details to follow.

The event will be hosted by a local prop collector who has graciously stepped-up to make this happen. There will be a small donation requested to help defray the cost of the hall rental.

We would like to hear from all who are serious about being there to share in the fun. Please state your preference of date ASAP. Please DO NOT contact the Rod and Gun Club directly. Questions; please send a PM to me (docholl) or starbuc.

Last edited:

I am interested but I make no promises this far out.

Interested - the PM directed me here - thank you for doing that. The dates seem to work fine as of now for me.

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks for the heads up. If I can make it out, Nov. 9 would be better.

If I hadn't gotten the pm, I never would have seen this thread. I am in. Either date works for me.

Can we move the thread to the main forum for a while?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back