2012 Nor-Cal prop party for Oct. 6 CANCELED

Re: NorCal Prop Party Is A GO!!! - Oct 6, Petaluma

Chuey has volunteered to take over as ringmaster for this fine event, and I KNOW you are in good hands.

Mega apologies for not being able to attend, but a project that I am committed to is filming that weekend and they need me on set.

I need a volunteer! Someone to take the reigns on the "day of" organization of the event. Really not a lot of heavy lifting to be done, just someone on the ground to act as point-man (or woman) and free up Don to take care of his stuff.

Please post here if you're interested. Without a volunteer, I think Don will want to reschedule.

Abby and I both plan to be on hand too if Mark needs anything.

Looking forward to the event, and to the details. I can get tables if need be. But need to know this weekend, so that I can pick them up.

thanks!

I too am looking forward to this one. I would like to find out before the event how much display space we will have, as this will determine what we bring, and if I need to bring my own table.

Hi Everyone-

As Matt mentioned, unfortunately he cannot attend and was meant to coordinate. Since I have no time for planning or organizing, I was relying on him (and/or a group of you folks) to take the lead...all I could offer was my shop space.

I don't want anyone disappointed, but as I explained to Matt I don't know what is needed, what people expect, how many are attending, etc.

For this to still happen next weekend, someone has to jump in ASAP and take the lead and assure me that everything will run smoothly.

Additionally, I believe I mentioned (at least to Matt) that my shop is SMALL. When I made the offer to host earlier in the year, we were in a much larger space--I had hoped that the date would have been set before September 1st, but it didn't work out that way. I was allowing it to move forward, even though we're still organizing the space, while working on two projects (and I just was returned from an overseas business trip). So don't expect a whole lot...and the organizer will have to come up with some creative ideas for layout (another reason to chat with that person).

As to time, it could start at 10:00 am and run until 5:00, 6:00, 7:00... There is ample parking but nowhere to eat within walking distance (but plenty of places within a mile radius). I have a fridge and cooler...and a bathroom.

The shop is located in Petaluma, about an hour north of San Francisco. If this can be pulled off, I'll post the address.

As I said, I don't want to disappoint anyone, but I was also hoping that this would be a cool get together with some fun surprises...if it needs more time to be properly planned, I'd rather reschedule so everyone has a good time.

--Don

If you like I can come by your shop and give it a look-see to see what options we have. I am also friends with Chuey and can be his eyes on this if need be.
I live in Cotati so it's not a big deal to get there.
Pm me if you want.

I am interested in coming up, if this is still going on... if not I blame Matt for everything.

Hi folks,

I met with Don and Bothan Jedi today to assess if the prop gathering can happen this Saturday. While Don wanted to be a gracious host, it was decided to postpone the gathering for some future date. Don and his staff are tackling some work projects and it would be disrespectful to just pop in. There is simply not enough space for people to display stuff while his studio staff and he are tackling work.

However, there is a possible silver lining. In postponing the gathering, Don would possibly like to bring additional professional resources to the table.

I can not specify a date yet, but it was discussed that we will give folks on this board hopefully three or four weeks advanced notice. I will post a brand new thread once things are sorted out.

Moderators: Please change this title of this thread to "NorCal Prop Party has been CANCELLED!!! - Oct 6, Petaluma".

That sucks for you guys. I guess prop parties only happen where people don't have anything going on in life...:lol

Phooey.

But completely understandable.

My apologies to all who wished to attend this weekend.

As Mark said, we met and discussed the logistics. Though I felt Mark was very capable to jump in at the last minute to organize, I wanted the event to be special and not just a prop gathering. The last minute planning, coupled with our busy schedule and a move to a smaller shop all made the decision to postpone feel like the best solution.

I am very happy to host a gathering in the future; there are several things we discussed to push it beyond just a prop party and more into an event. We are waiting to hear word regarding several projects, and should things go well, we'll be expanding our studio again. However, we're slipping into the holiday season, so the earliest this could happen would be November; if that doesn't work out, we would not schedule anything for December due to the holidays...which leaves mid-January or February as the next possible dates.

Again, apologies to everyone...but please stay tuned.

--Don

Sorry to hear that but I do agree that we in no way want to invade Don's work area when he is in the middle of important project.

On to the backup plan, lets all hang out at Ed or Darren's house.... who's down?

Instead of disappointment I've got to post here with thanks. The time and consideration to offer to host/open the doors to us, and turn a few ideas over about making it more of an event when it does happen are really appreciated. Same for those who've offered, and I'm sure will again, to lend a hand and step in for some problem-solving and logistics wrangling. Three thumbs up.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back