Ninja turtle suit, working mouth

This is awesome man! the moving mouth just sends it right off the charts! We are doing the Muppets this year and i'd love to see more pics of the head. So I can try and figure it out

hi guys, here are the best pics of the finished suit, hope you like it. and if you know any rich collectors, put them on to me.:lol:
l_f5cffe05bb2e4fb9a86648d6766c4e1a.jpg

l_ec891595857e44df88eaf2fa36dbf7f9.jpg

l_b9a4ef572f8c49b0977dc6909b204082.jpg

l_58a670dafc1f4d81a9a4d20ad973aeba.jpg

Hey man, do you still have the suit, and are you willing to sell it?

I doubt he would sell his original cause that thing is sweet as hell. I wouldn't sell it.

Well I hope he would at least consider it. I'm dead serious about buying it, and you are right, he did a great job with it. I just noticed that he had put if anybody knew any rich collectors, so.... not that I am rich, but I'd definitely be interested in seeing an asking price.

This is such a cool Leonardo costume, you did an amazing job on this man! Great stuff, thank you for posting the detailed pics of your progress. It's fun seeing all the little details you put into this - Keep up the awesome work! \m/ :D

Great news, I just got a BIG order of new foam and have some good body molds ready so I'm about to rip into making a bunch more full body suits starting with more turtles. If you want one, need parts or are keen to adapt the technique for your own project then keep an eye on this thread. :angel

How much for just a finshed head? Also would you be able to add eye lids so the eyes didnt look so wide open? Thanks

ballpark $600. I can change the look pretty easily, these eyes are about 30% bigger than the screen-used suits but just what the client wanted. the next ones will be more accurate.

So you can add movie sized eyes and eye lids and a little but wider cheeks? I would like to see pics of the new version as soon as one is ready if possible please. thanks

i don thtink it would have hurt to go over the green parts with a couple more coats of latext - i think the original movie costumes had about 10 coats over the foam - tho i could be wrong

I've been working on these guys again this week and feel like I'm making some decent progress on the mk II versions. I'll put some pictures up with my next update soon.

hi all, I just want to update you as I have done some good work on these recently but am having a few problems with my camera.
I have sorted out some patterns to make the foam undersuit and some more patterns so I can replicate the muscles identically every time. I've put 1 pair of feet together and carved them up in the way I've shown here and have started in on the skinning process. I've put together another pair and filled them with plaster to give myself a solid base to sculpt over. I've got a thin layer of clay over that and have sculpted the detail in. next I'll make a mold of both feet then be able to reproduce them as rubber skins that I can glue straight onto my foam muscle suits.
here is the only picture I've managed to get so far, more to come.
l_e38d070987324b2a96797989d129d12a.jpg

Looking good so far! Sounds like you are really streamlining the process too which is great news for all of us! :thumbsup Good work, keep it up! Looking forward to more info and pics as you progress!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back