Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Day two and I killed the EL :(
Wow, and thoses wrinkles on the toebox... Probably because of the foam inside...

WOW, didn'see that unglued pair... If they're size 9 or 9,5... :rolleyes
Too bad i can't mold the soles... But if you get rid of the uppers, i'll be happy to have a look inside and reverse ingeneer the collars (the most difficult part to make)

Last edited:
Wow, and thoses wrinkles on the toebox... Probably because of the foam inside...

WOW, didn'see that unglued pair... If they're size 9 or 9,5... :rolleyes
Too bad i can't mold the soles... But if you get rid of the uppers, i'll be happy to have a look inside and reverse ingeneer the collars (the most difficult part to make)

Yeah the wrinkles are going to happen cause of the foam and fabric. So even when the electronics are fixed you'll still have to deal with wrinkles.

Yeah the wrinkles are going to happen cause of the foam and fabric. So even when the electronics are fixed you'll still have to deal with wrinkles.

Are those wrinkles just from walking? Or did you do a lot of crouching down.... (you said you're a teacher?)

My thoughts exactly on the mod ready. Hah! I wouldn't mind if it was after the 499 price but for 600+?? Ouch! I felt like ralphie opening up his gift on Christmas! I just sent these photos over to them, I'm really hoping they clear this up.

so what size are they
i think china skipps some numbers so it could be something like that it may be custom with existing soles

Damn. Seems like everyone's EL sole panels are going dead. I hope to be the first to have a panel to replace.
what you could do is produce these panels just like the ones in the shoe, I think some el companies do custom cut ones and custom colors so that may be a solution to getting an el the exact same shape and color. airair did you get yours custom done for your kits ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those wrinkles just from walking? Or did you do a lot of crouching down.... (you said you're a teacher?)
This was just from walking. I didn't do much crouching the first few days. Also when I first got these I thought they were perfect and no mods to be made for me since I loved them they way they were. With that said if you are using them for display only these will be great the way they are. If you wear them you are 100% going to need to mod the EL. I got two days of wear and I didn't stomp or walk hard the first day. Today I walked normal like if I was wearing a normal pair of shoes and the EL went out before lunch.

what you could do is produce these panels just like the ones in the shoe, I think some el companies do custom cut ones and custom colors so that may be a solution to getting an el the exact same shape and color. @airair did you get yours custom done for your kits ?

Are the EL panels the same size on every size shoe?

:cry I was considering buying some this week but now my dreams are shattering knowing the multiple issues with the V3's. Is there anything being done to fix these issues?? I mean even if the shoe is seperating its nothing a lil Shoe Goo or E6000 can't fix right???

As for the lights...well i guess that's what the prop pro's here at The RPF are for right???

..but yeah i'm sad now & I just started making DIY Hoverboard in anticipation for the V3's:thumbsdown

so what size are they
i think china skipps some numbers so it could be something like that it may be custom with existing soles

Cavx & Don Jon, these are size 12. They fit just right (considering I have hammertoes), I had to try them on just in case they offer another pair. Last thing I wanted was to get a new 12 and have them not fit right. I really don't want to shoegoo these, selling them off to someone that has time to mold them would benefit all of us so I may go that route. :D I'll have to wait and see what they say, rebecca emailed me back to contact after sells.

Here are some pics of the electronics exposed on the heel cup.
IMG_2242.JPGIMG_2245.JPG

Cavx & Don Jon, these are size 12. They fit just right (considering I have hammertoes), I had to try them on just in case they offer another pair. Last thing I wanted was to get a new 12 and have them not fit right. I really don't want to shoegoo these, selling them off to someone that has time to mold them would benefit all of us so I may go that route. :D I'll have to wait and see what they say, rebecca emailed me back to contact after sells.

View attachment 657849View attachment 657850

Nice to see surface mount resistors! Easy to dim the LEDS! And each LED has its own...like it should. Nice! I'd mold the ankle bubbles!

Last edited:

View attachment 657849View attachment 657850

By the look of that, they didn't even glue it. WOW, how did they miss that?

what you could do is produce these panels just like the ones in the shoe, I think some el companies do custom cut ones and custom colors so that may be a solution to getting an el the exact same shape and color. @airair did you get yours custom done for your kits ?

My existing panels are made slightly differently.
They are basically one whole shape, and the areas of the middle blockout is done via a printed layer of light grey on top, whereas these v3 seem to be two seperate half moon shapes and connected via two lanes at the back.

Even a small crease is causing them to break in the v3.

Im trying to see if a connection can be done from the back like the v3 panel.

- - - Updated - - -

Are the EL panels the same size on every size shoe?

It looks like they are a 1 size fit on all the v3 but maybe somebody can confirm?

On the 2011 authentics they used different sizes of panels for each shoe sizes.

Even a small crease is causing them to break in the v3.

Im trying to see if a connection can be done from the back like the v3 panel.

I was looking at the EL kit from when I did my last pair of V2s. I made each section of EL a separate piece and it seems the fail was actually the wires running through the shoe that wore through and shorted due to friction.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back