Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

There is a shoe customizer that added foam and bits to other shoes that did this about 12 months back. And this looks like a direct copy of his work.

I thought I'd seen that done here a while ago. Like the old V1's copying the MP's all over again .....

Oh, I also found a seller on DHGate that appears to be selling V2.1's. Just messaged him/her for more photos. Might get myself one or 2 of those. Never did get around to getting the black/gold V2's so maybe..... If they are actually V2.1's I'll share the link.

Well done.

So wearing my V3s out tonight and I really hope they break in soon. They are NOT comfortable, especially the left shoe.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I thought I'd seen that done here a while ago. Like the old V1's copying the MP's all over again .....

Oh, I also found a seller on DHGate that appears to be selling V2.1's. Just messaged him/her for more photos. Might get myself one or 2 of those. Never did get around to getting the black/gold V2's so maybe..... If they are actually V2.1's I'll share the link.

I get annoyed with DHGate adds. They keep showing 2011 MAGs or even Davids V3 images with prices like $350, but you get through the rabble, you find that all they really have is V2 in grey/white or black/gold.

yes the DHGate people seem to just gather up random internet images instead of photos of their own stock sometimes. However as a test I ordered a pair of Jordan replicas through DHGate (different seller) and they arrived so if I can get in-hand photos of the V2.1 then I'll make an order.

I want them. Has anyone ordered from dhgate before?

Yep, you must have missed my earlier mention of my test purchase. They arrived and actually seem reasonable quality. order.JPG

And the V2.1's are 191, less than 200 is fair for v2.1's I think.

Just curious , Does anybody else think that with the toe and lighting mods the old V2 actually looks closer to the actual movie prop ?

Yes and no. The V2 is more floppy like the movie shoe is now, but so will our V3s after the foam starts to break down. We don't really know how floppy or self supporting the movie shoes were when they were clean and new. Based on creases and stress lines from my 2nd wear last night, I will suggest that in less than 90 days, mine will flop as well. They already have that crease near the base of the ankle that seems to rob them 1/2" off their height. All other detials lack - Heel cup is too small on a V2, bubble is too flat, pull holes sewn and not folded etc.

FUGLY! Who in their right mind even buys that?

Any updates on the Nike Footwear bag?

Looks like I will have to mold and cast part for this. It becomes a way bigger job now.

Yes and no. The V2 is more floppy like the movie shoe is now, but so will our V3s after the foam starts to break down. We don't really know how floppy or self supporting the movie shoes were when they were clean and new.

The film shoe was made with automotive/upholstery foam, in some shots you can tell how flimsy/flexible the structure is. The creators admitted the shoe was made to last a few days' wear, just long enough for shooting then it'd be exhausted.

Here you can tell the foam is flexed outward because of the pant cuff, and the other is being stretched from being pulled on:
IMG_20170107_012919.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back