Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Nice, all of these name brand solutions are simply hydrogen peroxide in cream format.
12% peroxide content is enough to unyellow.
The reason they use corn starch or thickeners is to make the solution into a paste
The angelus solebright is just peroxide in a cream.
For anyone in UK, Any local boots or chemist shop will have a peroxide based cream.
cool I'll have to try a chemist and test a cream on my HC's. The watery hydrogen peroxide stuff I can get at Woolworths is useless.
Jedifyfe lol yes some of us have been trying to get MAGs that look like the movie ones for a long time haven't we? :D I'm super happy with my V3's. will wear them to AMC (Australian Movie and Comic Expo) on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can do.....

View attachment 672482View attachment 672483View attachment 672484View attachment 672485View attachment 672486
note the tiny size of the MPs next to my V3 10s. (hence why i could never wear them, disappointingly) - if your size 9.5 V2's are just right, get 10 in V3 (if you still haven't ordered your pair) :)

Nope, still have not ordered them. Yeah, I figured US10 will be perfect for me based on how the US9.5 in V2 fits.

Thank you for posting those images. Now that is way smaller than a US9 of your V3s are US10. Did Mark Poon have these made for himself?

I agree with Jedifyfe, the MP MAG will always be special.

Can do.....

View attachment 672482View attachment 672483View attachment 672484View attachment 672485View attachment 672486
note the tiny size of the MPs next to my V3 10s. (hence why i could never wear them, disappointingly) - if your size 9.5 V2's are just right, get 10 in V3 (if you still haven't ordered your pair) :)
i really like the shape of these MP version. Makes me thinking about that non electronic version I'm waiting for. davidjones888 still working on the non electronic version of the shoe ? Nobody cares about powerlacing anymore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody cares about powerlacing anymore ;)
I disagree. Whatever happened to accepting whatever Nike comes up with as better? Because you know Nike actually made it. Granted Nike doesn't make these V3s but if the V3PL comes out they will function in a similar way. So people are willing to accept the non movie accurate blue soles from the 2011 release and actually prefer them, but not the real power lace MAGs? I would greatly appreciate a pair of power lacing V3s. And I love that they have normal clear soles.

I don't know if they just said it for the sake of it, but maybe it's true that it would be helpful for people with Parkinson to have power laces? No need to tie the shoes anymore X)

Hey guys check this out.

attachment.php

Parts are the same but the parts on the left are made with a non UV stable product. They are a couple months old, but never been in direct sunlight. The parts on the right are made from UV stable material that cost twice as much.

Attachments

• 20161014_160947.jpg
    20161014_160947.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 470
So I got my reply from Rebecca about my v3s

"hello, thanks for your email, the sole would be yellowish with time's going, all shoes are like that now, we have chosen the best shoes for your, it is hard for us to get a better one now. and it is also a bit pics difference.

hello, it is normal with a bit glue, do you want to do change? we should be given 2-5 days to prepare the shoes usually. "

Unsure whether to just take them? I really do want them soon and from others comments on here about them being good I'm thinking I will and get some peroxide based cream to make them clear again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my V3 pair, shipped on Monday and arrived today. Overall, the soles were a bit yellowish. But it doesn't bother me anyway, can be corrected using hydrogen peroxide. They are so much better than the V2, I have a pair which I haven't finished modifying yet. Only up until removing the glue from the toe box of 1 pair. Already thinking of unloading it if anyone is interested.

I think the only noticeable difference of the V3 from the RD is that the rear end of the swoosh rests higher compared to the original. In the V3, the end of the swoosh meets with the top of the heel cup, as if they are aligned. But in the RD, the swoosh ends lower than the top part of the heel cup. Hope they can correct it in the future.

By the way, if anybody has plans in making blue UV stable soles for the V3s please let me know as I'm interested to get one. :)

I'm thinking I will and get some peroxide based cream to make them clear again.

But it doesn't bother me anyway, can be corrected using hydrogen peroxide.

Why did I even both posting that image? Apparently you can make it clear with hydrogen peroxide. NOT!

If the rubber they are using DOES NOT HAVE a UV stabiliser,then the soles WILL GO YELLOW quicker than a rubber with a UV stabiliser.

attachment.php

Why did I even both posting that image? Apparently you can make it clear with hydrogen peroxide. NOT!

If the rubber they are using DOES NOT HAVE a UV stabiliser,then the soles WILL GO YELLOW quicker than a rubber with a UV stabiliser.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=672545&d=1476428042

Sorry but I don't understand why you posted that image either. There was nothing in the description about using hydrogen peroxide on them, just something about 2 materials with and without UV stabilizer. And yes it has been repeated for a good number of pages here now that UV stabilizer helps a lot in delaying the yellowing of the soles. However, all the V3 pairs do not have UV stabilizer, same with the V2. There's nothing we could do about it, that's why said that if ever somebody happens to make one for the V3 I'd be very interested to get one - and I mean an exact copy of the shape and color of the soles, just because I want mine to look very close to the RD.

So while there's nobody offering that product yet, I'll just stick with the method I've been using for 4 years now to remove oxidation - retrobright. It is true that they'll be back to yellowish color after some time but since there's no alternative yet I'll be fine with this.

Sorry but I don't understand why you posted that image either. There was nothing in the description about using hydrogen peroxide on them, just something about 2 materials with and without UV stabilizer. And yes it has been repeated for a good number of pages here now that UV stabilizer helps a lot in delaying the yellowing of the soles. However, all the V3 pairs do not have UV stabilizer, same with the V2. There's nothing we could do about it, that's why said that if ever somebody happens to make one for the V3 I'd be very interested to get one - and I mean an exact copy of the shape and color of the soles, just because I want mine to look very close to the RD.

So while there's nobody offering that product yet, I'll just stick with the method I've been using for 4 years now to remove oxidation - retrobright. It is true that they'll be back to yellowish color after some time but since there's no alternative yet I'll be fine with this.

The point of that image was to show that the parts without UV stabiliser go yellow even when not in the sun. This only reinforces what the Chinese are saying. In fact that image does not actually show how yellow they really are. Because the parts are clear, the yellowing is right through to the core. If you cut one in half (and I have) it is yellow right through.
Applying a bleach to the surface will not fix this.

As for replacements, these shoes are still relatively a new release. You can't expect those of us with molding/casting abilities to turn out replacement parts so fast. It is good Wizard is on to his parts already. I don't even own the shoes yet, much less the (at least) 3 sizes that I can pull apart to make molds of to cover the user base.

The point of that image was to show that the parts without UV stabiliser go yellow even when not in the sun. This only reinforces what the Chinese are saying. In fact that image does not actually show how yellow they really are. Because the parts are clear, the yellowing is right through to the core. If you cut one in half (and I have) it is yellow right through.
Applying a bleach to the surface will not fix this.

As for replacements, these shoes are still relatively a new release. You can't expect those of us with molding/casting abilities to turn out replacement parts so fast. It is good Wizard is on to his parts already. I don't even own the shoes yet, much less the (at least) 3 sizes that I can pull apart to make molds of to cover the user base.

Okay I get your point but as a sneaker collector, I guess I'm pretty much already aware of this - that the yellowing isn't only within the outer areas but also inside as well. Knowing that, I'd still be working on them. I believe there are just a few sneakers with translucent soles that are using UV stabilizers because as you've already mentioned before they aren't cheap to make. I've had quite a few pairs with translucent soles (w/o UV stablizer) that have been de-oxidized and had an acceptable outcome so that's the reason I'm thinking it could work on this pair.

Oh and you're right, of course the replacements wouldn't be made so fast. Patiently waiting for one of you guys here to work your magic. :D

Well at least the worst case scenario is that Saloncare 40 or whatever doesn't work on this rubber but yeah there are restorations of old shoes in worse condition than these Mags which are pee yellow near no longer translucent soles that have shown results after repeated treatments. Yeah with time there isn't much that can be done about the yellowing but this method has worked with all kinds of shoe rubbers. I'd like to think it will work if albit partially on the outsoles of these too

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=672545&d=1476428042

Ok I see.

I know it won't stop them going yellow but I saw a post by someone here that had applied some product and it made them less yellow and clearer than they were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back