Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Right shoe seems to have a lot of excess glue around the sole/heel-cup area.

Yeah that's what I thought
27d140889573cfe0c776cd6b28209d89.jpg
[emoji30]

I've emailed back about the soles showing the comparisons as above. Will see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm maybe being picky lol

Yeah I don't get why they are so yellow now on them allhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/f09e41e6a9e902a5979665657c33a2bb.jpg

its quite simple really. the rubber is not UV stable, so it will yellow, no matter what you do.
They look more yellow in pictures than in actual hands, so i wouldn't worry about it. Just get any pair that has no problems on the uppers.

Compared with a really yellow Halloween shoe, they yellow is nothing.

1650383195291330_7264041504409124864_n_zps8wqslygh.jpg

1215088835220145_5984254684582379520_n_zpsu1gkbwgp.jpg

1127830667302091_8156640140647727104_n_zpsyvz8u7zh.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, but that's not what I meant. I meant that the word "Air" does not appear anywhere on the shoe, nor on the box, nor in any other promotional material.

very true.
Even so called shoe "experts" keep referring to them as Air Mags.
Even i've started using airmag tags on descriptions and instagram as it seems people don't understand that the word Air has nothing to do with the shoe. It seems to have gotten a life of its own now with everyone calling them "Air mags".

its quite simple really. the rubber is not UV stable, so it will yellow, no matter what you do.
They look more yellow in pictures than in actual hands, so i wouldn't worry about it. Just get any pair that has no problems on the uppers.

Compared with a really yellow Halloween shoe, they yellow is nothing.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums...5291330_7264041504409124864_n_zps8wqslygh.jpg

Yeah I understand about the UV, it was just the short space of time they've gone from selling clear to yellow.

Would I be able to make them clear again? With some product of some sort?

Yeah mine look ok except the glue marks on them....

Wow yeah the difference is amazing, seeing them Together makes it look so much more!

Yeah I understand about the UV, it was just the short space of time they've gone from selling clear to yellow.

Would I be able to make them clear again? With some product of some sort?

Yeah mine look ok except the glue marks on them....

I was told any hair product containing 12% hydrogen peroxide will lighten the rubber soles. As long as you can paste it on.
I might do a test on the Halloween soles first.

If you need product to unyellow the soles use something like Sole Bright the Mags I'm seeing in here probably only need two sessions to be unyellowed since they are only slightly yellowing. You can also use the Salon Care 40 Creme like someone's already posted which comes even cheaper

I plan on storing the Mags in the drawers and keeping them inside my dark closet - why would I have to worry about UV exposure?

guess you wouldn't, if that's the plan.
Wish I could put mine in a display but after my V2's went super yellow from being out (and worn) all the time, I might be a bit more..... .concerned about making sure that the V3's don't end up the same just yet. At least until I can get some UV stable clear sole replacements from someone on here. :)

Anyone want to buy my Mags? There's a wiring issue on the right shoe on the bottom EL's. Take a look at the video.. I'm not techy enough to take them apart and try to fix them so I just ordered a replacement pair.

https://vid.me/qTyc

Just out of curiosity how much did you want for them?

Haven't really decided but I'm open to offers. Considering the EL's still work, it's a minor issue that I'm sure could be easily fixed, so I wouldn't want to take too big of a hit on them you know?

Haven't really decided but I'm open to offers. Considering the EL's still work, it's a minor issue that I'm sure could be easily fixed, so I wouldn't want to take too big of a hit on them you know?

What size are they? They have the box?

What size are they? They have the box?

Size 11. I'd be keeping the box for my replacement pair because they aren't sending me a new box. Plus shipping would be more expensive with that box anyways. But it would come with the shoes + charger.

Size 11. I'd be keeping the box for my replacement pair because they aren't sending me a new box. Plus shipping would be more expensive with that box anyways. But it would come with the shoes + charger.

I'd still be interested...I have no idea how much your wanting to get for them though. Throw out a number

I'd still be interested...I have no idea how much your wanting to get for them though. Throw out a number

Well, I paid $700CAD for them (I live in Canada) ... I'd be willing to take a hit of $150CAD.. So whatever that converts to in USD. They're pretty much brand new aside from that damn wiring issue and little bit of dirt on the bottom soles which can be easily cleaned with a sponge.

If you need product to unyellow the soles use something like Sole Bright the Mags I'm seeing in here probably only need two sessions to be unyellowed since they are only slightly yellowing. You can also use the Salon Care 40 Creme like someone's already posted which comes even cheaper

Nice, all of these name brand solutions are simply hydrogen peroxide in cream format.
12% peroxide content is enough to unyellow.

The reason they use corn starch or thickeners is to make the solution into a paste

The angelus solebright is just peroxide in a cream.

For anyone in UK, Any local boots or chemist shop will have a peroxide based cream.

Last edited:
Nice, all of these name brand solutions are simply hydrogen peroxide in cream format.
12% peroxide content is enough to unyellow.

The reason they use corn starch or thickeners is to make the solution into a paste

The angelus solebright is just peroxide in a cream.

For anyone in UK, Any local boots or chemist shop will have a peroxide based cream.
Well whatever is easier for people, they are both pretty cheap products.

There are a few more expensive options out there like Sea Glow but totally unnecessary when there are many products that can do this. Now if you want to make these look blue like a RD then dyeing the soles would be the final step with something like Rit Dye.

However, I don't know if the dye will seep in and keep the transparency of the rubber intact or if it will make it opaque which would be a problem if it obscures the EL lights under the sole. I would test it on the bottom outsole first.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back