New Voyagers Omni

Hey Rob!!
Excellent progress!! Thanks for the update. The sound of the red light and the speed of it does sounds pretty good. However, I would love for you to refer to the episode Agents of Satan. At the beginning where they are in the jail and the omni is open. After Jeffery says " what the date?" you here about a couple seconds of uninterrupted red light bells.I believe THIS clip is perfect for the sound chip for our omnis red light. Let me know please. Thanks!! :)

Rob, I think what you have is perfect. I think what you've done thus far is great and why go back and capture a different sound. Is there really that much of a difference? I mean, how anal do we have to get???

Are we looking at the red light with 3 flashes per second? It seems right to me at least when i timed it in once of the episodes. Any opinions?

Are we looking at the red light with 3 flashes per second? It seems right to me at least when i timed it in once of the episodes. Any opinions?

The timing sounds good to my ears, but I'm biased because I think Rob is referring to me about providing the Sound FX. I now forget which episode I grabbed the Red omni effect from, but it was at least 5 pings in a row without any other sounds. I simply imported that clip (ripped directly from the DVD) into Audacity and spliced out a single beep as precisely as I could. So, once you loop it, it seems to have the same rhythm of what we see in the show.

I'm delighted that Rob will also include the time travel theme since that one took a fair bit of editing work. There is no episode in which the theme plays in its entirety without dialogue or sound effects at the beginning or the end. So, I had to splice together the theme from several places I believe the opening bit is cobbled together from the show's opening credits theme plus the episode where they go to Voyager headquarters (right when they're wrestling with Drake over the omni); the second half is from the pilot episode because it includes the longest version of the cannon ball sound effect as one lands. (And, here, too, I made one minor edit: instead of two thuds, there's only one; I'm assuming most of us don't picture ourselves running around with Jeffrey!)

Anyway, more importantly: Rob, keep up the awesome work. Your dedication to detail is amazing.

Last edited:
just some update photos and a new item
omni electronics.jpglid switch.jpgomni lid switch2.jpgomni lid switch1.jpg

Also made a Voyagers ring on shapeways. Email me if you want one custom made to your size
https://www.shapeways.com/model/2898600/voyagers-logo-ring-20mm.html?materialId=85
625x465_2898600_7691543_1417115554.jpg

It so well worth the wait I don't care if we have to wait another 2 years for it. I have been wanting the omni since I was 6 years old. I remember thinking back in the late 1980's that someone was going to actually create omni replicas someday but I was thinking I was going to finally get my hands on one maybe in my mid 50's or something not this soon so I am thrilled. I love how small it actually is when I was a kid with all the close ups of it in the episodes I always thought it was way bigger. Sense of size is not as good when your a kid.

I kept hoping that someone, like Kenner, would make a toy one when I was a kid. This is INFINITELY better, and like Tarkin, the fulfillment of a 32 year long dream :)

Yep. I've wanted one since I was young as well. Watching the episodes on DVD has just reminded me more of how much I want one.

yeah i second what shayman said...has any one made a physical one yet?!?!?
i'm dying to see the picture of it!

Sorry for the lack of updates.
The omni is done. I have some of the dials and stuff on beta on shapeways, but I am not releasing the full thing until I get the electronics ironed out. 12mm is what I have inside this omni body, and that is not a bunch of space. On my first omni I started selling it before I had even thought about electronics, and that is a mistake I wont make this time. So when the electronics package fits, I will start selling.
I am milling my own copper boards, and trying to use commercially available parts so if a spare is needed, it is easy to swap out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back