New Spidey Trailer Tonight

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
A few lucky fans across the globe are currently enjoying a sneak peek at some footage from Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man, however the rest of... us will have to wait a little longer to see more from Spidey. Sony announced today that a new trailer for Marc Webb’s reboot will go online tomorrow or late tonight, at 3 AM EST/12 AM PST, so if you’ve got a hankerin’ for Peter Parker, plan on staying up late. The new trailer is two and a half minutes in length, and hopefully fans will get a good look at Rhys Ifans as villain Lizard......... Let us know if your one of the lucky ones..

Just got in from the London screening. OMG. Absolutely incredible!

More details please!

I actually got passes for the event but then realized it was in the middle of a Monday and I couldn't sneak out of work today :angry Dying to know what was shown!

Ok. It was done as a live event, with video feeds to each of the sites. Andrew Garfield was at NY, Emma Stone was in Rio, Marc Webb was in LA, and Rhys Ifans was at London. They did q and a's and showed the new trailer (which goes online at midnight PST) and then 8 minutes of 'scissor' reel. Some with unfinished effects but still cool. Lots of poignant sequences, loads of action. And plenty of spidey wit. I wasn't over on this film, mainly because I though a reboot was too soon, and didn't like the costume. But man, very hyped for this now.

The trailer was screened in 3D - I'm not a 3D fan but this is the best I've seen so far.

I honestly believe this could be THE defining Spiderman film.

looks good, I like the action scenes natural non-CGI look to them. Except of course Lizard. I think CGI Lizard is yucky. He looks like a Goomba
imgres

I'm looking forward to this. I enjoyed the first two Raimi movies quite a bit. This appears to have some of those same great moments, while giving us web shooters and Peter's first girlfriend Gwen Stacey (unlike whatever they were trying to do in the third). It also doesn't rehash things right away by going to the Goblin.

I'm liking the new cast and it's looking good.

While a reboot this soon of a successful film series does seem ridiculous, no one from the previous films was interested in doing them anymore. That became apparent in the last movie and was confirmed in the interviews that came afterward.

So... I'm not a huge fan of the shiny rubber suit. Is it possible that it was done that way not only to differentiate from the previous series, but to match up with the CGI which tends to give objects a more crisp, sharper look... making them often appear shiny? Or is it just a trend today with superheroes in an effort to distance themselves from tights?

Sony just hit it hard on Raimi; Spidey 3 clearly has two movies in one, the one Raimi wanted to make with its accurate, romantic and sad villain ( Sandman ) and the Sony movie with the " let's sell more toys " trashed-away villain, Venom. Or, what it looks like to be around Venom. Not quite sure on this. ;)

No wonder then the cast was tired of it. There surely was a lot of off-screen battles with the studios execs.

As for the suit, a very small minority of people like it, judging by all the commentaries. I don't either : How, in the name of God, a teenager can build up such a suit ? And why making it so different than the normal suit ? Was it even necessary ?

Last, I saw the trailer. Well, my two cents : I'm not that hyped up, perhaps because I already saw a Spidey 1... Some stuff looks good anyway.

Looks good. Hate the costume though, but at least it doesn't look as bad in motion as it does in stills. Also looks like they're rehashing Peter's inability to keep his mask on/intact from the Raimi films sadly.

Davlin, I was always under the impression that we have Avi Arad to blame for Venom in the third film. Though with the films that Marvel had more control over being of better quality that just feels wrong.

Goat, the comic-geek in me is compelled to point out that Gwen Stacy was Peter's second girlfriend, after Betty Brant :)

The actor playing Peter is a little too Team Edward for my tastes, but the action looks good. Let's hope all the good parts aren't in the trailer and the rest stinks.

Man, I really, really really hope this is good. Glad to see the wit. I hope it is done right and not overdone. I'm very glad they have gone back to Spidey being wanted by the cops. Spidey's best books were in the late 60's and early 70's and he was pretty much always a wanted man. I hated in the Raimi movies where the public adored him. Just doesn't sit well.

As a life long spider-man fan I waited 37 years for the first movie. After a lifetime of waiting, ANYTHING seemed like gold on Christmas morning. But after the initial funshock wore off--I really began to see what was done SO wrong in those movies....IMHO almost everything was just--not right. I did like the suit better tho (except for the eyes, they were way off).

Really hope they get this one right...I can deal with the new suit if the movie is done well.

am I happy ? yes it looks great

they can reboot and remake as many films as they like it's a big world and their will always be a fan base for these characters so they will do it regardless because of the money they pull

I think after the last film pt 3 they had to do something different and start over

i think the snout will grow lager during the movie in the trailer you also see him in different stages and he can became human again like in the comics. looks better then i thought

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back