New Spidey Trailer Tonight

THat looks awesome.

Was it me or were spideys web shooters digital? It also sounded like they had one kind of warm-up sound effect when activated.

I'm getting more and more sold, and I was EXTREMELY bearish on it when I saw the first trailer.

Good job Sony and Marvel, now let's hope the Lizard's design becomes more lizard-like throughout the movie.

This looks to be a much darker type of movie than the last ones and seems to have more from the current Spiderman storylines mixed in. I'll for sure get it when it's on dvd.

I'm not sold on this for a few reasons...

The new manufactured history of Parker's family, well... I know in the comics, Richard & Mary Parker were CIA agents. In the Ultimate Universe, Richard had some dealings with the creation of Venom before he died (and came back).

But, even that was pushing it.. why couldn't they just let poor old Pete just be Pete with no significant history with all this power and responsibility thrust upon him? That's just so Spider-Man of him...

I could get over big-haired-Pete, the guy sure is skinny enough... would it kill ya to throw some glasses on him? (All that said, all easy to overcome and overlook).

The costume is terrible, terrible, terrible. Thank god most of it appears to be hidden well enough. No sense discussing what's already been talked to death.

Doc Connors looks picture perfect - the Lizard? Not so much. The look of the Lizard just takes me so out of the movie that I question the whole design process and the movie makers - I want a movie to wrap me up in its world. Now this is a trailer - so there's some hope that the flick itself can still make it work.

Gwen Stacy? Thank you, may I have another? Perfect, perfect, perfect. Will they do the comic book ending?

Capt. Stacy - again, spot on.

The cons are definitely out weighing the pros for me. I think part of it is that it's still a bit too soon for a reboot. I know there's some love/hate for the Riami films... they didn't blow me away and I didn't think they sucked nearly as bad some seem to have talked about - I did think they did a more than adequate job... and Tobey was perfect for the most part.

ANYTHING, is better than what Raimi did to this Character......that said, THIS, looks good, liking the suit more, loving the way Spidey moves, slinky, wily, Toby, whathisface looked like a guy from fat fighter's, and dont get me started on his knock knees.

lee

ANYTHING, is better than what Raimi did to this Character......that said, THIS, looks good, liking the suit more, loving the way Spidey moves, slinky, wily, Toby, whathisface looked like a guy from fat fighter's, and dont get me started on his knock knees.
What movie did you watch?

I'll admit what Riami did was far from perfect (Kirstin Dunst?) - but, thought we got a basic, dumbed-down, generic Spidey that we could expect from Hollywood. While it's far from my favorite superhero flick, I enjoyed it for what it was... good fun.

Tobey Maguire, while not the thin as a rail Parker/Spidey we got in the early comics, was still far from fat in the flick. ..and he sure looks better than Andrew Garfield with the his big hair, no glasses and so very NOT Peter Parker look... but, yeah... he's very thin ala the early Ditko Spider-Man.

I liked that they appear to be keeping Spider-Man's quick wit in this new version. I don't like that they seem to be darkening up Spider-Man ala Dark Knight/Batman Begins... that's so not Spider-Man.

But, again the costume looks terrible as does Garfield's Peter Parker. The alterations to Pete's origin - or Richard Parker's background - is just ridiculous and a just poor story telling (and so much worse than anything Raimi did... even that terrible attempt at Venom)... but, I'll try reserve total judgement until I see the film.

What movie did you watch?

I'll admit what Riami did was far from perfect (Kirstin Dunst?) - but, thought we got a basic, dumbed-down, generic Spidey that we could expect from Hollywood. While it's far from my favorite superhero flick, I enjoyed it for what it was... good fun.

Tobey Maguire, while not the thin as a rail Parker/Spidey we got in the early comics, was still far from fat in the flick. ..and he sure looks better than Andrew Garfield with the his big hair, no glasses and so very NOT Peter Parker look... but, yeah... he's very thin ala the early Ditko Spider-Man.

I liked that they appear to be keeping Spider-Man's quick wit in this new version. I don't like that they seem to be darkening up Spider-Man ala Dark Knight/Batman Begins... that's so not Spider-Man.

But, again the costume looks terrible as does Garfield's Peter Parker. The alterations to Pete's origin - or Richard Parker's background - is just ridiculous and a just poor story telling (and so much worse than anything Raimi did... even that terrible attempt at Venom)... but, I'll try reserve total judgement until I see the film.

Lol, opinions vary, i just cannot sit through the Raimi trash, weepy, depressing tripe, bad casting, no i cant go on, it makes me think of those awful movies

Lee

I don't want to argue, but the story of spiderman has some pretty dark moments. Like........ Gwen stacy's death? That was messed up.

Yes, he is a very lighthearted character, but he has had his share of horrible experiences.

The alterations to Pete's origin - or Richard Parker's background - is just ridiculous and a just poor story telling (and so much worse than anything Raimi did... even that terrible attempt at Venom)... but, I'll try reserve total judgement until I see the film.

What is the film's take on this? I know in the Ultimate storyline, Pete's dad was a researcher who in part created the Venom symbiote (which was supposed to be a way to cure cancer, if my memory serves me correctly).

I DO love that the filmmakers are actually making Pete proactive with his smarts. Looks like he helped Connors create the regrowth serum for his arm.

I don't want to argue, but the story of spiderman has some pretty dark moments. Like........ Gwen stacy's death? That was messed up.

Yes, he is a very lighthearted character, but he has had his share of horrible experiences.
Horrible experiences... yes. But, the whole trailer seemed pretty dark (ala Nolan's Batman) and not so lighthearted. Just seemed like they're going for that Nolan-thing which doesn't really feel like Spider-Man to me (and honestly, didn't feel like Batman, either).

Horrible experiences... yes. But, the whole trailer seemed pretty dark (ala Nolan's Batman) and not so lighthearted. Just seemed like they're going for that Nolan-thing which doesn't really feel like Spider-Man to me (and honestly, didn't feel like Batman, either).

Dont get it, you'll kinda tread on this as a trailer, yet get all uptight defending the Raimi crud, full of depressing Teen angst, terrible acting, awful casting, and at times, moments to make me cringe into the folds of my chair?

lee

Looks good! Of course I said as well when I first saw Raimi's CGI Spidey swing from the buildings back in the day.

I am just not looking forward to yet a THIRD reboot of Spidey!

You know it is going to happen by the time the third or fourth movie in the second reboot when Parker dies!

Miles-Morales-Spider-Man.jpg

Dont get it, you'll kinda tread on this as a trailer, yet get all uptight defending the Raimi crud, full of depressing Teen angst, terrible acting, awful casting, and at times, moments to make me cringe into the folds of my chair?

lee
I don't think I defended the Riami flick at all.

"I'll admit what Riami did was far from perfect (Kirstin Dunst?) - but, thought we got a basic, dumbed-down, generic Spidey that we could expect from Hollywood. While it's far from my favorite superhero flick, I enjoyed it for what it was... good fun." 'Dumbed down," and generic and even mentioning Kirstin Dunst (as I tried to allude to) are hardly defending it.

I don't understand why folks get all uptight on those flicks. I thought they were solid - I thought the casting, outside of Dunst was pretty good (ok, DaFoe overacted to the nth degree as well). It will never go down as a flick that was spectacular or be a shining example of a comic book movie - but, I thought it was good, mindless fun. Yeah, I can understand why folks didn't care for the third one especially -again, I guess I just didn't see it as all that bad - even emo-Peter and the Venom costume (which I understand they weren't going to stage Secret Wars to properly intro that look).

Plus, wasn't Spider-Man full of teenage angst anyhow? Pete's inferiorty complex, He struggles to help Aunt May, he's up against Flash Thompson, Uncle Ben dies and the guilt that came with that, his first love Gwen Stacey dies (and more guilt), Harry's drug problem, various other girl woes: MJ, Black Cat, Debbie Whitman, Betty Brant, etc, JJJ and struggling to work for the Bugle. Heck, Spidey's practically an emo poster child if you think about it.

You don't like what Raimi and comany did - that's cool, too. I'm just bascially saying it's adequate - nothing more, nothing less.

Yes, I am basing my initial thoughts on this new flick on a trailer and the little bits and pieces I've seen so far.

Again, based on the preliminary things I've seen:
I don't think Garfield looks like Peter Parker. I don't like the big hair.
I think the costume is just absolutely terrible.
I think the trailer looks a tad too Nolan-esque. Darker does not mean more realistic (and we're talking radioactive spiderbites and human lizards, folks).
I like Sally Field - she just never seemed the Aunt May type.
The Lizard - sigh, just looks plain old bad.

That said, Emma Stone and Denis Leary look spot on perfect. I love that Spidey's got the quick wit... and as much as I'd love to see Emma Stone in a sequel, I hope they give Gwen her proper ending.

I think I've said in this thread that I will see the flick and I hope I'm suprised by it.

lee

What happened to Spidey in the previous films had NOTHING to do with Raimi. If you want to blame someone blame Avi Arrad - he pushed the whole Venom thing down Raimi's throat he also "solved" the problem of having Peter turn bad (something they felt was a road too traveled) and putting in the hole Morris Chavel Emo Peter - ugh.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back