Suggestion New Smilies (Emoticons)....

These new smilies suck. But at least I saved this one
lol.gif
What's the point of a laughing smiley that doesn't move?

My personal favorites from elsewhere:

(yeah, I roll with my own, lol)

suicide.gif

crying.gif

drink.gif

facepalm.gif

flingpoo.gif

gaah.gif

getoffmylawn.gif

iagree.gif

sniper.gif

lolpound.gif

nonono.gif

peeing.gif

smileyvault-drool.gif

subjects.gif

tongueout.gif

villagers.gif

wallbash.gif

devour.gif

angry_explode.gif

wow.gif

And for Close Encounters:

acmbugstomper.gif

Last edited:
These new ones are supposed to be animated? None of them are for me. I'm using the newest Firefox.

No. The new ones are PNGs as opposed to animated GIFs, meaning they are much cleaner and more crisp, but not animated. They are loosely based on the skype emoticon set, but we had to modify a number of them to have all of our emoticons represented.

We still have one more we need to kill off. Thoughts on which one it should be?

They were, earlier today. Luckily, Art hit 'em with a Freeze-ray!.:D

Just for you buddy! :lol

Actually, there is no way to please everyone. Some want them static. Some want them animated. Some want them rendered. Some want them flat. That is why, at the end of the day, we just have to make a decision on what we feel is best and be confident that eventually, everyone will go along with it.... even if they are:
15_5_20.gif

If one more emoticon needs to be dumped, I would suggest the :sleep icon. Without animation (the little rising "zZzZs", closing of eyes, and/or yawn), it rather loses its effectiveness and meaning anyway.

Just for you buddy! :lol

Actually, there is no way to please everyone. Some want them static. Some want them animated. Some want them rendered. Some want them flat. That is why, at the end of the day, we just have to make a decision on what we feel is best and be confident that eventually, everyone will go along with it.... even if they are:
15_5_20.gif

My only "issue" was every emoticon being animated - specially after the pages of discussion of upgrading the look. For a few, animation is fun - and perhaps beneficial (darn kids, popcorn, sleeping for examples). For the most common ones - like thumbs up - it was downright annoying.

But you know what? You are right: we will learn to use - and love - what we are given.

As long the layout doesn't follow the youtube/facebook trend (you know... lets hide useful/everyday things in 3-4 layers of sub-menu's...) then i'm fine :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back