New model for OWK three holes saber...

What's in the brass nozzle on this one? On some pictures.... I see a silver bung in there and in that exhibit up there it looks red?

I'm very eager to see the prototype video from you guys. You can definitely count me in for one of these
I can’t wait either, every visit starkiller brings more and more stuff

There is another project he’s working on that I can’t show yet, but can’t wait to reveal. It’s very “exotic” should I say

I can’t wait either, every visit starkiller brings more and more stuff

There is another project he’s working on that I can’t show yet, but can’t wait to reveal. It’s very “exotic” should I say
I'm going to guess it's something chrome plated from the prequels but I'll just wait and see what's in store for us.

I like surprises

Still new to the community, so bear with me but who is Nathan? And this was a production made saber?! If so, very interesting (I am now confused more about this hilt than before reading this thread lol)
Can't answer the question about Nathan as the only RPFer's real name I've learned is Starkiller's.

But as for the second question, yes this was a hilt created by the Lucasfilm props department. It was originally going to be Obi-Wan's hilt for Revenge of the Sith before Obi-Wan would eventually lose it and build the iconic thin-neck from A New Hope, a bladed-stunt was created that Ewan started training with and the hero version only made it to a few deleted scenes before the production team decided to ditch it entirely and build a version of the thin-neck using the Prequel build philosophy. They also replaced the bladed stunts more accurate to the new props. Sometime after the 2012 acquisition it seems Lucasfilm decided that the original EP2 hero was wayyy to similar to the EP1 so they apparently rebranded the unused three-hole as the "true" canon version of Obi-Wan's second lightsaber similar to the way the MoM hero only seen in the deleted cave scene from ROTJ was branded as the "true" canon version of Luke's second lightsaber instead of the real V2 hero

Can't answer the question about Nathan as the only RPFer's real name I've learned is Starkiller's.

But as for the second question, yes this was a hilt created by the Lucasfilm props department. It was originally going to be Obi-Wan's hilt for Revenge of the Sith before Obi-Wan would eventually lose it and build the iconic thin-neck from A New Hope, a bladed-stunt was created that Ewan started training with and the hero version only made it to a few deleted scenes before the production team decided to ditch it entirely and build a version of the thin-neck using the Prequel build philosophy. They also replaced the bladed stunts more accurate to the new props. Sometime after the 2012 acquisition it seems Lucasfilm decided that the original EP2 hero was wayyy to similar to the EP1 so they apparently rebranded the unused three-hole as the "true" canon version of Obi-Wan's second lightsaber similar to the way the MoM hero only seen in the deleted cave scene from ROTJ was branded as the "true" canon version of Luke's second lightsaber instead of the real V2 hero

Two points:

1. There’s no real evidence that the prop was ever actually used during filming. It only appears on Ewan’s belt in what appear to be camera/costume tests shot with him and Hayden in Padme’s apartment set.

2. I genuinely think that the official website just grabbed a reference photo of the wrong prop for their databank page on the AOTC saber, rather than deliberately deciding to retroactively insert it into the canon.

Last edited:
Two points:

1. There’s no real evidence that the prop was ever actually used during filming. It only appears on Ewan’s belt in what appear to be camera/costume tests shot with him and Hayden in Padme’s apartment set.

2. I genuinely think that the official website just grabbed a reference photo of the wrong prop for their databank page on the AOTC saber, rather than deliberately deciding to retroactively insert it into the canon.
This stuff happens, in the visual dictionary for EP1 they have 2 small pouches for Obi-Wans belt instead of the two large pouches.
2db8e088411508d390daf368f0557306.jpg

Yeah, all of that is the best we can tell. There’s a little mystery surrounding the decisions on this prop. Like.. something happened to the Ep1 hilt. Of course it was dropped and repaired… but something else must have happened for them to have to electro plate a resin cast for episode 2.

And then this new saber was like rebuilt, they machined new parts that were close enough to pass as the older one, except for the top.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back