Hello , nice to be welcomed and part of the community ...
Like most ( if not all ) I have a problem with film props and set dressings lol
My main focus is Blade Runner ...but I do have a few other great things like the Dudes bowling bag , Donnie ashes in an old folgers can , Milners cal custom shift knob (American Grafitti ) ... well the list goes on ... thanks !
View attachment 1433208View attachment 1433209View attachment 1433210
Did you make the bag or find something similar somewhere like eBay? I knitted the sweater, bought the pants and T shirt that match. I’m just missing a good bowling bag.

Hi Everyone.
I'm Todd. I have extensive background in all types of making including woodwork, metal work & welding, mechanical, drafting (self-taught), etc. For the past year I have been diving into 3D printing. Love it! I love Star Trek props and even though many great and accurate versions of many of the props exist, I still want to make my own and have been since my teen years.

I'm currently working on the communicator from Star Trek Enterprise. I know there's an Art Asylum version that is "screen accurate" but I've been trying to recreate the original from screen caps. I haven't found very many good pics and scaling has been difficult. If anyone has accurate measurements or good photos, I'd greatly appreciate sending them my way.

Thanks!

hello I'm hugo, a 3D animation student, I've been lurking for some time here and finally decided to create an account to share my current projects related to popular series/films etc.

I'm currently working on recreating a scene from the series Dark and hoppefully some of you can help me out and vice versa :)

Hello, my name is Rick.
I have joined hoping for some motivation and or inspiration.
I always have the urge to create something but never have the motivation to start.
I decided it might be fun to create a scale model of the blade runner spinner, that's how I came across this forum.
Let's see what happens
Thanks

Hello - I'm Reed, located in the SF Bay Area, and haven't done a lot of propmaking and the like, but have loved model making and figure painting all my life, and am interested in getting back into it now I have access to 3D printing, laser cutting, and a microlathe. I have also always loved the possibilities of building things with vintage look from vintage parts, and am looking at all the great builds on here with awe, especially kitbash sorts of things, whether recreations of the original kitbashed screen ships and props or the glorious new spaceships being invented from found parts here. I have a few inchoate plans of my own along those lines.

My first prop replica and cosplay, with a lot of help from my parents and a friend who was an electronic engineer, were a jawa outfit and ion blaster (the latter two heavy dowel pieces and a tin can, painted black), and glowing old-school LED eyes for Halloween 1977, when I was very much jawa sized, and EVERYONE was dressed as something from Star Wars.

Nowadays I work in metal creating jewelry and home accessories and artwork in patinaed brass and copper. My patinas are not the weathering/faux aging type, but rather the sculptural type, but I might be able to help people interested in that kind of thing on real brass, copper, and bronze.

Hello I'm Dan

Keen cosplayer and collector,
Mostly a sew and leather work kind of guy, used to buy props, moving into building more, EVA foam and various sculpting with polymers etc. May dip my toes in 3D printing and possible Cricut work later since I'm pretty good on a sewing machine.

Big fan of anything Adventure, swash buckle, western, occasional Sci Fi and fantasy. From Zoro to Indy, Via The Rocketeer crash landing in LOTR...

Hi, I am Jesse. New to prop and replica making. I Am looking forward and interested in making replica and props. I enjoy painting miniatures and want to branch out at bit.

Last edited:
I’ve been a prop maker and collector for more than 20 years and am a longtime lurker but for some reason have not been active on this community. I was very active on the IndyGear forums for many years. Anyway, figured I would add something here.

Last edited:
Howdy! I've long attended "cons" and fan events, but finally took my 11yr old to her first a few weeks ago (SiliCon). She knew about cosplay, but was inspired by all the great costumes she saw.

I had always had an interest in costume building, but never landed on what to build/make. Well, my 11yr old has decided she wanted to start off with a Wasp (Ant-Man and Wasp) costume. So, here we go! I'm trying to get up to speed on techniques and resources, while also trying to make this something SHE is building herself, and can say SHE built. We are starting off with foam and a template from Xieng Prod. The helmet is mostly assembled, and almost ready for paint!

Howdy! I've long attended "cons" and fan events, but finally took my 11yr old to her first a few weeks ago (SiliCon). She knew about cosplay, but was inspired by all the great costumes she saw.

I had always had an interest in costume building, but never landed on what to build/make. Well, my 11yr old has decided she wanted to start off with a Wasp (Ant-Man and Wasp) costume. So, here we go! I'm trying to get up to speed on techniques and resources, while also trying to make this something SHE is building herself, and can say SHE built. We are starting off with foam and a template from Xieng Prod. The helmet is mostly assembled, and almost ready for paint!
That's cool. I think my first project with be the hellraiser puzzle box. When my resin printer comes in going to print off the parts. I found really well though out box. Then do a simple one pat molds of each part and cast them in epoxy and paint them up with my airbrush.

Hi! My main hobby, besides Lego, is collecting prop replicas. I mainly collect Master Replicas and eFX Star Wars ships but recently bought an MYC AT-ST and Chronicle Collectibles Buck Rogers Starfighter. I posted about the latter in the Prop Replica forum as I need some help with it.

Here's a pic of my bonus room from a few years ago. It's a work in progress.

Attachments

• IMG_7333.jpg
    IMG_7333.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 61
Hi! My main hobby, besides Lego, is collecting prop replicas. I mainly collect Master Replicas and eFX Star Wars ships but recently bought an MYC AT-ST and Chronicle Collectibles Buck Rogers Starfighter. I posted about the latter in the Prop Replica forum as I need some help with it.

Here's a pic of my bonus room from a few years ago. It's a work in progress.
I suspect there is a high amount of overlap between who are into Legos and prop replicas! Pic looks great!

Hey everyone,

my name is Tim, i am from Hamburg, Germany and a big fan of sci-fi and prop making.
I am coppersmith, love my Job, TNG, StarWars, Rocketeer, Resident Evil and Steel. :D
Most of my works are made of Metal and the first prop was a stainless steel Bat`leth.
Sorry for my bad English...:eek:

Hello everyone.

I am not new here but have been away for a long while due to family issues and health problems that couldn't be avoided. I am very happy and excited to be back and see the wonderful work members do.
I'd also like to apologise to anyone that I may have placed a pre-order with but was unable to follow through on.
I can't wait to get started on some projects of my own and share them with you all.
Thanks

Hey everyone! - Newbie over here - I am a Graphic Designer, in the UK, currently hatching my escape plan from corporate design work, learning all I can about props for film (specifically horror movies) as that is my passion. I am working towards setting up my own studio exclusively for horror props for film and high spec replicas for fans. I love attending conventions and hope to have my own stand in the next few years!

As well as my growing horror collection I love Star Wars, Lego, Gaming (Resident Evil, Last of Us etc..), and rock and metal music!

Always looking for experience so if anyone needs a graphic designer for project collaborations, please do let me know! :)

My username is Soho and I live in London. I’ve been a reader on the RPF for several years but recently, I’ve wanted to get more involved.

I was a theatre brat in Dublin during the 1960's and '70's but mainly hung around in the prop room with all the guns and swords.

When I saw Mark Hamill flash a Lightsaber in '77 - it got me, though it wasn’t until the World Wide Web happened that I discovered how the prop was made. I tracked down my first Graflex flash handle in the '90's by phoning every camera shop in the Greater London Area.

Searching online for props from Star Trek I came across Wah Ming Chang, who made the Communicators, the Tricorder and even the original Time Machine from the 1966 film. As I explored further, various links brought me to the RPF.

So far, I have made a better collector than propmaker but either way the RPF has been good company and an invaluable resource.

Hi, I am registered as PTM Props. I have been building for just under a year and am interested in all aspects of prop building and learning. My interests cover a wide variety of categories and no one sticks out at the moment.

Hi there, my name is Brian. I've actually been a member here since 2011, but I signed up back then only for a Cobra Commander cosplay I was putting together. I rarely visited since then and only now have started to visit frequently and start posting. My interests have mostly been in the statue collecting community over the years and I've been a poster on collectorfreaks and statueforum since 2008, where I spend most of my time.

However, a few years ago while trying to figure out what to wear for Halloween my wife suggested I be Indiana Jones as I had a lot of similar looking gear to him. Well, her mistake! That led me down a rabbit hole of movie accurate Indy gear and props, the Indygear COW forum, and now I'm circling back here.

Recently, I've decided to devote more of my collection to Star Wars and props, starting with lightsabers and now moving into helmets, eventually blasters. I always admired a good SW collection and realized that I should highlight it more in my collection. I love other sci-fi props as well, so I will also dip my toes in those too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back