Welcome to the RPF! We're happy that you could join us, especially since some of you have been waiting for quite some time.

Please take the time to introduce yourself to the community. Tell us about yourself, your prop interests, maybe even show us some pics of your collection.

Also, here are some useful links to better familiarize yourself with the site. If you have questions, please ask!

Classifies Guidelines

Community Guidelines

Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Suggestions

Other links that can ease your way into the RPF can be found here FAQs.

Again, welcome! :):thumbsup

The RPF Staff

Hello and greetings to all,

My name is Chris, and I'm a 46 y.o. male from Indiana (close to Chicago) with a lifelong burning ambition of wanting to cosplay. I have been a couple of characters in the past five years: the Clock King, one of Batman's adversaries, and Wolfgang the Hippie Werewolf of Halloween (my own original creation, since I grew up watching the Banana Splits, can't help it if I have a thing for mascot costumes ever since I was an 8 y.o. in 1980. Don't laugh, I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT WANT TO HAVE anything at all to do with Barney and friends, I want to keep my childhood memories intact). But right now, I would like to get tips on putting together a futuristic astronaut costume, all decked out in black and gray, similar to the ones in the TV shows Space: Above and Beyond and the Expanse, and I would like to do so by using a full-face motorcycle helmet, instead of trying to fashion one out of pepakura or resin.

Why, you may ask, I had been a couple of characters in five years' time? The reason being is because right now, I'm currently unemployed and on disability, so I really have to watch my budget month by month. I just figure I could buy the helmet one month, then boots or shoes or gloves the next month, and so on and so forth. I know, I know, cosplaying isn't cheap, far from it. But I still DO VERY MUCH WANT TO MAKE A GO OF THIS. My being on disability is also why I do not want to resort to pepakura or resin when fashioning my helmet, I have heard it is VERY expensive. So for that, I would prefer sticking to a motorcycle helmet instead and using a black visor with it. I'm certain it should still work. But other than that, I don't know exactly what kind of materials or clothing to use, say do I go with black hiking boots or just black leather? Or what kind of black undersuit should I use, or should go with a black wetsuit? Or would cargo pants and a ballistic vest do the trick? Or something different? But I DO NOT want to use knee caps because I've been having knee problems for the past years.

I think this is going to probably, give or take a few, take up to a year, because like I just said, I'm on disability, so I have to very carefully watch my budget. So can anybody out there please help me? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.
Please???? Any ideas, tips, help, or suggestions???? Or any how-to videos off YouTube?

Looking forward to hearing from anybody in the RPF community who could help me. Thank you all in advance.

Please

Hi there
My name is André, known by Ignição in the games
Im new on the cosplay world and looking for some good tips with the masters here
Thanks

Hi there
My name is André, known by Ignição in the games
Im new on the cosplay world and looking for some good tips with the masters here
Thanks
Best advice i can give is start with a game plan. Choose an armour or costume. Decide on materials and read threads about the project. Odds are someone has made here. Follow all safety guidelines and have fun doing it. What do you want to make, i can possibly steer you in the right direction.

Hello, newbie here.
I've come across some really cool threads here and have seen amazing work by amazing people.

It's nice to finally be a part of a cool place that lives to share ideas and creativity.

My name is O.R.
I am a Writer/Director who is trying to get into film school.

I'm currently working on a Star Wars fan film titled: Bounty Hunter
I have an amazing crew behind me from all over the world and we are pouring our love and dedication into this project.

I hope to upload many progress pics and behind the scenes here along with some questions I have for the community.

Thanks again for this amazing place and an opportunity to work alongside all of you.
68d4be274b6a30b818b74dcd2840d8f1.jpg
20190501_081205.jpg
20190409_122853~2.jpg
20190428_074012~2.jpg

Hey guys,

Firstly thanks for having me!

My name is Jake and I'm a fabricator/model maker by day and a tinkerer, general artsy-fartsy person by night.

I'll be making a Zorg Industries ZF-1 over the next year or two and some bits in between.

Cheers!

Hello everyone,
I'm a crafter with mostly fantasy style leanings, doing what I can for the local cosplay and LARP community. I work with wood, EVA, Worbla, metal, plastics etc... my favorite techniques are IMHO wood carving, LED electrics and generally grinding stuff into shapes. My least loved are, ahem, painting and all that applies.

Lordwobbler at deviantart

LARP Breton222.jpg Sha Wu Sheng swords.jpg скфаае.jpg FIAU0028.jpg chirurgeon_tools_by_lordwobbler-d6k5i3p.jpg

Hello! My name i Fredrik and i am from Sweden. I have always had a fascination for Sci- fi and fantasy and a need to just make things. I am Happy to get the chance to be part of the RPF!

Hi,
I´m Marina and I´m from Germany =)
I´m a total Supernatural addict since I started watching in December 2017 (yeah, you read right! VERY late - and I watched all seasons in the shortest possible time!)

I started a tumblr blog recently, mostly about making a replica of Henry / John Winchester´s journal of the SPN series.
I have a few new projects and I hope the will turn out well.
At the moment I´m quite addicted to making SPN props ;)

I hope to meet nice guys here and get some help with stuff I´m stuck.

Marina

Hello everyone. Serdar here from Ankara, Turkey. I've been trying to get into crafting things, prop making and cosplay for the last couple of years. I wish to learn more from experienced builders here, access more resources, and hopefully share what I make. Cheers.

Hi everyone, I'm from Australia and have been cosplaying since 2011. Mostly into the costuming side of things although I'm a qualified special effects makeup artist and I'm starting to learn about prop-making as well. I love making from anything that catches my eye, be it movies or games or books. For a while it was any historical costume and I've built up a pretty good collection of frock coats since then.

I'm looking forward to the opportunity to learn from everyone else's experiences.

Hi Everyone, My name is Steve and I'm from Arlington, Washington in the United States.
I been a member for a bit but never posted here. I've been doing prop work on cosplays for others. This time around, I get to work on something for my self and decided to work on a couple of Tusken Warrior costumes for my wife and I.

Good morning all!!!

Tim here from Benton, Arkansas in the United States.

New to replica props, but been a fan of the art for a long time.

Starting a Luke lightsaber build, to be my first venture.

Howdy all, I’m Jason from Austin, TX. I am completely new to the world of props. I enjoy fabrication, and I’ve studied builds on forums like this one for many years. I thought now was as good a time as any to become a member, and get of the couch and into the workshop.

Hi, James here. 47 from Texas. Been doing cosplay two years. Just did my second ever costume. Have done foam a little and pep a little. I always have rushed and reading here the past week has taught me to really take my time on my next project. I'm gonna do a pep fiberglass resin iron man mark 47 from spider man homecoming. My first build was so bad I won't post it. Marvel now magneto. Here's my second build.. kind of a hybrid comic movie hybrid of hawkeye..

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560575721012.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560575721012.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 105
  • FB_IMG_1560575689179.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560575689179.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 122
  • FB_IMG_1560575623631.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560575623631.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 89
Hello All,

I am James Catania from Malta, a small island state in the Mediterranean in Europe. I have been building robots and movie props for a while, I don't know why I made my life difficult by not making part of the RPF forum. Looking forward to helping and find help especially from European builders since as you know materials usually are not the same and is usually a sticking point for building for us Europeans. This is some of my latest work :)

17425128_1914497258784970_8396668378718522792_n (1).jpg17426334_1914808692087160_2816052122810757649_n (2).jpg30629483_2124000887834605_560615046658418360_n.jpg45638617_2276634652571227_3431324719385673728_n.jpg46110204_2279639822270710_7814814151804452864_n.jpg44310946_2266592830242076_5167877746319163392_n.jpg44526635_2268189720082387_231334141222715392_n.jpg

Hello From Denmark

My name is Jens Anso, 45 years old and fulltime knife maker for the past 18 years. I have been making since 1989 and have a masters degree in Industrial Design. I mainly make modern folding knives as well as I do quite a bit of knife designing for knife companies in Germany, Italy and the USA. I have a general interest in all things crafted by hand and have always had a fascination with Japanese crafts in general. I am self-taught in knife making and more recently have become self-taught in running my two CNC milling machines. My interest in knife making is driving me towards doing more art knives and in that pursuit I have started learning basic jeweler technics and such. Also while the CNC machines helps me run a fairly productive and succesfull company I have been feeling bit distanced from the basics in my field of work but working less and less with my hands.
This combined with my movie interest and especially Blade Runner lead me here after having followed Adam Savage´s Tested for several years and the desire to build my own Blaster eventually.

This is some of my work on knives...so far no prop builds but have been making "stuff" all my life. The dagger is as close to a "prop" I guess as it was inspired by Luv´s dagger in 2049 though the materials are not meant to resemble anything from the movie....

bronze anodize.jpg
197768_4242992398102_253948637_n.jpg
IMG_3281 2.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back